|PubChem||, (R), (S)|
|ChemSpider||, (R) , (S)|
|Molar mass||247.38 g mol−1|
|Except where noted otherwise, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C (77 °F), 100 kPa)|
8-OH-DPAT is a research chemical of the aminotetralin chemical class which was developed in the 1980s and has been widely used to study the function of the 5-HT1A receptor. It was one of the first major 5-HT1A receptor full agonists to be discovered.
In animal studies, 8-OH-DPAT has been shown to possess antidepressant, anxiolytic, serenic, anorectic, antiemetic, hypothermic, hypotensive, bradycardic, hyperventilative, and analgesic effects.
- -propylamino)tetralin - PubChem Public Chemical Database"n"8-hydroxy-2-(di-. The PubChem Project. USA: National Center for Biotechnology Information.
- Larsson LG, Rényi L, Ross SB, Svensson B, Angeby-Möller K (February 1990). "Different effects on the responses of functional pre- and postsynaptic 5-HT1A receptors by repeated treatment of rats with the 5-HT1A receptor agonist 8-OH-DPAT". Neuropharmacology 29 (2): 85–91.
- Sprouse J, Reynolds L, Li X, Braselton J, Schmidt A (January 2004). "8-OH-DPAT as a 5-HT7 agonist: phase shifts of the circadian biological clock through increases in cAMP production". Neuropharmacology 46 (1): 52–62.
- "7"IUPHAR DATABASE - 5-Hydroxytryptamine receptors - 5-HT.
- Assié MB, Koek W (November 1996). "Possible in vivo 5-HT reuptake blocking properties of 8-OH-DPAT assessed by measuring hippocampal extracellular 5-HT using microdialysis in rats".
- Wölfel R, Graefe KH (February 1992). "Evidence for various tryptamines and related compounds acting as substrates of the platelet 5-hydroxytryptamine transporter". Naunyn-Schmiedeberg's Archives of Pharmacology 345 (2): 129–36.
- Luscombe GP, Martin KF, Hutchins LJ, Gosden J, Heal DJ (March 1993). "Mediation of the antidepressant-like effect of 8-OH-DPAT in mice by postsynaptic 5-HT1A receptors". British Journal of Pharmacology 108 (3): 669–77.
- Schreiber R, De Vry J (November 1993). "Neuronal circuits involved in the anxiolytic effects of the 5-HT1A receptor agonists 8-OH-DPAT ipsapirone and buspirone in the rat". European Journal of Pharmacology 249 (3): 341–51.
- de Boer SF, Koolhaas JM (December 2005). "5-HT1A and 5-HT1B receptor agonists and aggression: a pharmacological challenge of the serotonin deficiency hypothesis". European Journal of Pharmacology 526 (1–3): 125–39.
- Dourish CT, Hutson PH, Curzon G (October 1985). -propylamino) tetralin (8-OH-DPAT)"n"Characteristics of feeding induced by the serotonin agonist 8-hydroxy-2-(di-. Brain Research Bulletin 15 (4): 377–84.
- Lucot JB (February 1994). "Antiemetic effects of flesinoxan in cats: comparisons with 8-hydroxy-2-(di-n-propylamino)tetralin". European Journal of Pharmacology 253 (1–2): 53–60.
- O'Connell MT, Sarna GS, Curzon G (July 1992). "Evidence for postsynaptic mediation of the hypothermic effect of 5-HT1A receptor activation". British Journal of Pharmacology 106 (3): 603–9.
- Fozard JR, Mir AK, Middlemiss DN (March 1987). "Cardiovascular response to 8-hydroxy-2-(di-n-propylamino) tetralin (8-OH-DPAT) in the rat: site of action and pharmacological analysis". Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology 9 (3): 328–47.
- Sahibzada N, Ferreira M, Wasserman AM, Taveira-DaSilva AM, Gillis RA (February 2000). "Reversal of morphine-induced apnea in the anesthetized rat by drugs that activate 5-hydroxytryptamine(1A) receptors". The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 292 (2): 704–13.
- Meyer LC, Fuller A, Mitchell D (February 2006). "Zacopride and 8-OH-DPAT reverse opioid-induced respiratory depression and hypoxia but not catatonic immobilization in goats". American Journal of Physiology. Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology 290 (2): R405–13.
- Guenther U, Manzke T, Wrigge H, Dutschmann M, Zinserling J, Putensen C, Hoeft A (April 2009). "The counteraction of opioid-induced ventilatory depression by the serotonin 1A-agonist 8-OH-DPAT does not antagonize antinociception in rats in situ and in vivo". Anesthesia and Analgesia 108 (4): 1169–76.
- Xu W, Qiu XC, Han JS (June 1994). "Serotonin receptor subtypes in spinal antinociception in the rat". The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 269 (3): 1182–9.
- Yves Aubert, Thesis, Leiden University. (Dec 11, 2012) Sex, aggression and pair-bond: a study on the serotonergic regulation of female sexual function in the marmoset monkey