PDB rendering based on 1i85.
|Symbols||; B7-2; B7.2; B70; CD28LG2; LAB72|
|RNA expression pattern|
Cluster of Differentiation 86 (also known as CD86 and B7-2) is a protein expressed on antigen-presenting cells that provides costimulatory signals necessary for T cell activation and survival. It is the ligand for two different proteins on the T cell surface: CD28 (for autoregulation and intercellular association) and CTLA-4 (for attenuation of regulation and cellular disassociation). CD86 works in tandem with CD80 to prime T cells.
The CD86 gene encodes a type I membrane protein that is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. Alternative splicing results in two transcript variants encoding different isoforms. Additional transcript variants have been described, but their full-length sequences have not been determined.
- Cluster of differentiation
- List of human clusters of differentiation for a list of CD molecules
- Davila S, Froeling FE, Tan A, et al. (2010). "New genetic associations detected in a host response study to hepatitis B vaccine.". Genes Immun. 11 (3): 232–8.
- Csillag A, Boldogh I, Pazmandi K, et al. (2010). "Pollen-induced oxidative stress influences both innate and adaptive immune responses via altering dendritic cell functions.". J. Immunol. 184 (5): 2377–85.
- BossÃ© Y, Lemire M, Poon AH, et al. (2009). "Asthma and genes encoding components of the vitamin D pathway". Respir. Res. 10: 98.
- Mosbruger TL, Duggal P, Goedert JJ, et al. (2010). "Large-scale candidate gene analysis of spontaneous clearance of hepatitis C virus". J. Infect. Dis. 201 (9): 1371–80.
- Bugeon L, Dallman MJ (2000). "Costimulation of T cells". Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 162 (4 Pt 2): S164–8.
- Pan XM, Gao LB, Liang WB, et al. (2010). "CD86 +1057 G/A polymorphism and the risk of colorectal cancer". DNA Cell Biol. 29 (7): 381–6.
- Dalla-Costa R, Pincerati MR, Beltrame MH, et al. (2010). "Polymorphisms in the 2q33 and 3q21 chromosome regions including T-cell coreceptor and ligand genes may influence susceptibility to pemphigus foliaceus". Hum. Immunol. 71 (8): 809–17.
- Talmud PJ, Drenos F, Shah S, et al. (2009). "Gene-centric association signals for lipids and apolipoproteins identified via the HumanCVD BeadChip". Am. J. Hum. Genet. 85 (5): 628–42.
- CarreÃ±o LJ, Pacheco R, Gutierrez MA, et al. (2009). "Disease activity in systemic lupus erythematosus is associated with an altered expression of low-affinity Fc gamma receptors and costimulatory molecules on dendritic cells". Immunology 128 (3): 334–41.
- Koyasu S (2003). "The role of PI3K in immune cells". Nat. Immunol. 4 (4): 313–9.
- Kim SH, Lee JE, Kim SH, et al. (2009). "Allelic variants of CD40 and CD40L genes interact to promote antibiotic-induced cutaneous allergic reactions". Clin. Exp. Allergy 39 (12): 1852–6.
- Liu Y, Liang WB, Gao LB, et al. (2010). "CTLA4 and CD86 gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease". Hum. Immunol. 71 (11): 1141–6.
- Ma XN, Wang X, Yan YY, et al. (2010). "Absence of association between CD86 +1057G/A polymorphism and coronary artery disease". DNA Cell Biol. 29 (6): 325–8.
- Ishizaki Y, Yukaya N, Kusuhara K, et al. (2010). "PD1 as a common candidate susceptibility gene of subacute sclerosing panencephalitis". Human Genetics 127 (4): HASH(0x31b6c40).
- Chang TT, Kuchroo VK, Sharpe AH (2002). "Role of the B7-CD28/CTLA-4 pathway in autoimmune disease". Curr. Dir. Autoimmun. 5: 113–30.
- Grujic M, Bartholdy C, Remy M, et al. (2010). "The role of CD80/CD86 in generation and maintenance of functional virus-specific CD8+ T cells in mice infected with lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus". J. Immunol. 185 (3): 1730–43.
- Quaranta MG, Mattioli B, Giordani L, Viora M (2006). "The immunoregulatory effects of HIV-1 Nef on dendritic cells and the pathogenesis of AIDS". FASEB J. 20 (13): 2198–208.
- Schuurhof A, Bont L, Siezen CL, et al. (2010). "Interleukin-9 polymorphism in infants with respiratory syncytial virus infection: an opposite effect in boys and girls". Pediatr. Pulmonol. 45 (6): 608–13.
- Bailey SD, Xie C, Do R, et al. (2010). "Variation at the NFATC2 locus increases the risk of thiazolidinedione-induced edema in the Diabetes REduction Assessment with ramipril and rosiglitazone Medication (DREAM) study". Diabetes Care 33 (10): 2250–3.
- Radziewicz H, Ibegbu CC, Hon H, et al. (2010). "Transient CD86 expression on hepatitis C virus-specific CD8+ T cells in acute infection is linked to sufficient IL-2 signaling". J. Immunol. 184 (5): 2410–22.