|Frizzled class receptor 9|
|Symbols||; CD349; FZD3|
|External IDs||IUPHAR: GeneCards:|
|RNA expression pattern|
Frizzled-9 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the FZD9 gene. FZD9 has also been designated as CD349 (cluster of differentiation 349). Members of the 'frizzled' gene family encode 7-transmembrane domain proteins that are receptors for Wnt signaling proteins. The FZD9 gene is located within the Williams syndrome common deletion region of chromosome 7, and heterozygous deletion of the FZD9 gene may contribute to the Williams syndrome phenotype. FZD9 is expressed predominantly in brain, testis, eye, skeletal muscle, and kidney.
- Wang YK, Samos CH, Peoples R, Perez-Jurado LA, Nusse R, Francke U (May 1997). "A novel human homologue of the Drosophila frizzled wnt receptor gene binds wingless protein and is in the Williams syndrome deletion at 7q11.23". Hum Mol Genet 6 (3): 465–72.
- Wang YK, Sporle R, Paperna T, Schughart K, Francke U (May 1999). "Characterization and expression pattern of the frizzled gene Fzd9, the mouse homolog of FZD9 which is deleted in Williams-Beuren syndrome". Genomics 57 (2): 235–48.
- "Entrez Gene: FZD9 frizzled homolog 9 (Drosophila)".
- Datta DV (1977). "Viral hepatitis (Chandigarh study)". The Journal of the Association of Physicians of India 25 (5): 325–30.
- Finch PW, He X, Kelley MJ, et al. (1997). "Purification and molecular cloning of a secreted, Frizzled-related antagonist of Wnt action". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 94 (13): 6770–5.
- Tanaka S, Akiyoshi T, Mori M, et al. (1998). "A novel frizzled gene identified in human esophageal carcinoma mediates APC/β-catenin signals". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 95 (17): 10164–9.
- Karasawa T, Yokokura H, Kitajewski J, Lombroso PJ (2002). "Frizzled-9 is activated by Wnt-2 and functions in Wnt/beta -catenin signaling". J. Biol. Chem. 277 (40): 37479–86.
- Strausberg RL, Feingold EA, Grouse LH, et al. (2003). "Generation and initial analysis of more than 15,000 full-length human and mouse cDNA sequences". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 99 (26): 16899–903.
- Hillier LW, Fulton RS, Fulton LA, et al. (2003). "The DNA sequence of human chromosome 7". Nature 424 (6945): 157–64.
- Omoto S, Hayashi T, Kitahara K, et al. (2004). "Autosomal dominant familial exudative vitreoretinopathy in two Japanese families with FZD4 mutations (H69Y and C181R)". Ophthalmic Genet. 25 (2): 81–90.
- Winn RA, Marek L, Han SY, et al. (2005). "Restoration of Wnt-7a expression reverses non-small cell lung cancer cellular transformation through frizzled-9-mediated growth inhibition and promotion of cell differentiation". J. Biol. Chem. 280 (20): 19625–34.
- Rual JF, Venkatesan K, Hao T, et al. (2005). "Towards a proteome-scale map of the human protein-protein interaction network". Nature 437 (7062): 1173–8.
- Winn RA, Van Scoyk M, Hammond M, et al. (2006). "Antitumorigenic effect of Wnt 7a and Fzd 9 in non-small cell lung cancer cells is mediated through ERK-5-dependent activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma". J. Biol. Chem. 281 (37): 26943–50.
- "9"Frizzled Receptors: FZD. IUPHAR Database of Receptors and Ion Channels. International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology.
- FZD9 protein, human at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)