|Systematic (IUPAC) name|
|Mol. mass||228.332 g/mol|
SDZ SER-082 is a drug which acts as a mixed antagonist for the 5-HT2B and 5-HT2C serotonin receptors, with good selectivity over other serotonin receptor subtypes and slight preference for 5-HT2C over 5-HT2B. It has been used in animal studies into the behavioural effects of the different 5-HT2 subtypes, and how they influence the effects of other drugs such as cocaine.
- Nozulak J, Kalkman HO, Floerscheim P, Hoyer D, Schoeffter P, Buerki HR. (+)-cis-4,5,7a,8,9,10,11,11a-Octahydro-7H-10-methylindolo[1,7-bc][2,6]- naphthyridine: A 5-HT2C/2B Receptor Antagonist with Low 5-HT2A Receptor Affinity. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 1995 Jan;38(1):28-33. doi:10.1021/jm00001a007
- Mora PO, Netto CF, Graeff FG (December 1997). "Role of 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptor subtypes in the two types of fear generated by the elevated T-maze". Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 58 (4): 1051–7.
- Dave KD, Harvey JA, Aloyo VJ (May 2002). "A novel behavioral model that discriminates between 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptor activation". Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 72 (1-2): 371–8.
- Hawkins MF, Uzelac SM, Hearn JK, Baumeister AA (October 2008). "Effects of selective serotonin2 ligands on behaviors evoked by stress in the rat". Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 90 (4): 632–9.
- Filip M, Bubar MJ, Cunningham KA (September 2004). "Contribution of serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine; 5-HT) 5-HT2 receptor subtypes to the hyperlocomotor effects of cocaine: acute and chronic pharmacological analyses". The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 310 (3): 1246–54.
- Filip M (2005). "Role of serotonin (5-HT)2 receptors in cocaine self-administration and seeking behavior in rats". Pharmacological Reports : PR 57 (1): 35–46.
- Filip M, Bubar MJ, Cunningham KA (January 2006). "Contribution of serotonin (5-HT) 5-HT2 receptor subtypes to the discriminative stimulus effects of cocaine in rats". Psychopharmacology 183 (4): 482–9.