SNAP-7941 is a drug used in scientific research, which is a selective, non-peptide antagonist at the melanin concentrating hormone receptor MCH1. In initial animal studies it had promising anxiolytic, antidepressant and anorectic effects, but subsequent trial results were disappointing, and the main significance of SNAP-7941 is as the lead compound from which more potent and selective antagonists such as SNAP-94847 were developed, although it continues to be used for research into the function of the MCH1 receptor.
- Borowsky B, Durkin MM, Ogozalek K, Marzabadi MR, DeLeon J, Lagu B, Heurich R, Lichtblau H, Shaposhnik Z, Daniewska I, Blackburn TP, Branchek TA, Gerald C, Vaysse PJ, Forray C (August 2002). "Antidepressant, anxiolytic and anorectic effects of a melanin-concentrating hormone-1 receptor antagonist". Nature Medicine 8 (8): 825–30.
- Doggrell SA (June 2003). "Does the melanin-concentrating hormone antagonist SNAP-7941 deserve 3As?". Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs 12 (6): 1035–8.
- Basso AM, Bratcher NA, Gallagher KB, Cowart MD, Zhao C, Sun M, Esbenshade TA, Brune ME, Fox GB, Schmidt M, Collins CA, Souers AJ,
- Jiang Y, Chen CA, Lu K, Daniewska I, De Leon J, Kong R, Forray C, Li B, Hegde LG, Wolinsky TD, Craig DA, Wetzel JM, Andersen K, Marzabadi MR (August 2007). "Synthesis and SAR investigations for novel melanin-concentrating hormone 1 receptor (MCH1) antagonists Part 1. The discovery of arylacetamides as viable replacements for the dihydropyrimidinone moiety of an HTS hit". Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 50 (16): 3870–82.
- Chen CA, Jiang Y, Lu K, Daniewska I, Mazza CG, Negron L, Forray C, Parola T, Li B, Hegde LG, Wolinsky TD, Craig DA, Kong R, Wetzel JM, Andersen K, Marzabadi MR (August 2007). "Synthesis and SAR investigations for novel melanin-concentrating hormone 1 receptor (MCH1) antagonists part 2: A hybrid strategy combining key fragments of HTS hits". Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 50 (16): 3883–90.
- Millan MJ, Gobert A, Panayi F, Rivet JM, Dekeyne A, Brocco M, Ortuno JC, Di Cara B (December 2008). "The melanin-concentrating hormone1 receptor antagonists, SNAP-7941 and GW3430, enhance social recognition and dialysate levels of acetylcholine in the frontal cortex of rats". The International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology / Official Scientific Journal of the Collegium Internationale Neuropsychopharmacologicum (CINP) 11 (8): 1105–22.
- Hegde LG, Ping XL, Jochnowitz N, Craig DA (January 2009). "The role of melanin-concentrating hormone-1 receptors in the voiding reflex in rats". The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 328 (1): 165–73.