The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights Finale
|The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights Finale|
|A poster or logo for The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights Finale.|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||December 5, 2009|
|Venue||Pearl at the Palms|
The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights Finale, also referred to as The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale, was a mixed martial arts event that was held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on December 5, 2009. Featured was the final from The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights in the Heavyweight division.
Frankie Edgar was expected to face Kurt Pellegrino on the card, but Pellegrino was forced to withdraw due to an injury. Matt Veach, who was previously scheduled to fight Mark Bocek on the event's undercard was named as Edgar' new opponent.
Fighters were awarded $25,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Frankie Edgar vs. Matt Veach
- Knockout of the Night: Roy Nelson
- Submission of the Night: Mark Bocek
The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. It does not include sponsor money or "locker room" bonuses often given by the UFC and also do not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses.
- Roy Nelson: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus) def. Brendan Schaub: $8,000
- Matt Hamill: $46,000 ($23,000 win bonus) def. Jon Jones: $20,000
- Kimbo Slice: $25,000 (no win bonus) def. Houston Alexander: $13,000
- Frankie Edgar: $46,000 ($23,000 win bonus) def. Matt Veach: $5,000
- Matt Mitrione: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus) def. Marcus Jones: $8,000
- James McSweeney: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus) def. Darrill Schoonover: $8,000
- Jon Madsen: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus) def. Justin Wren: $8,000
- Brian Stann: $30,000 ($15,000 win bonus) def. Rodney Wallace: $6,000
- John Howard: $14,000 ($7,000 win bonus) def. Dennis Hallman: $15,000
- Mark Bocek: $30,000 ($15,000 win bonus) def. Joe Brammer: $5,000