|WEC 51: Aldo vs. Gamburyan|
|A poster or logo for WEC 51: Aldo vs. Gamburyan.|
|Promotion||World Extreme Cagefighting|
|Date||September 30, 2010|
WEC 51: Aldo vs. Gamburyan was a mixed martial arts event held by World Extreme Cagefighting that took place on September 30, 2010 at the 1stBank Center in Broomfield, Colorado. The event was the first that the WEC hosted in Colorado.
Alex Karalexis was expected to face debuting Chinese prospect Tiequan Zhang at this event, but was forced from the card with an injury and replaced by UFC veteran Jason Reinhardt. However, Reinhardt would also be forced from the card after failing a pre-fight eye exam, and was replaced by WEC newcomer Pablo Garza. The Zhang-Reinhardt matchup would later be rescheduled as a featherweight bout for UFC 127 following the UFC-WEC merger, with Zhang winning by submission.
This event drew an average of 486,000 viewers on Versus.
- Johnson defeated Pace via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
- Banuelos defeated George via unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 30–27).
- Nunes defeated Toner via unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 30–27).
- Horodecki defeated Ratcliff via split decision (28–29, 30–27, 30–27)
- Featherweight bout: Mike Brown vs. Cole Province
- Brown defeated Province via TKO (punches) at 1:18 of round 1.
- Zhang defeated Garza via submission (guillotine choke) at 2:26 of round 1. This bout aired on the live broadcast following the Torres/Valencia bout.
- Hominick defeated Garcia via split decision (29–28, 28–29, 29–28).
- Roop defeated Jung via KO (head kick) at 1:30 of round 2.
- Torres defeated Valencia via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:25 of round 2.
- Cerrone defeated Varner via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
- Aldo defeated Gamburyan via KO (punches) at 1:32 of round 2 to retain the WEC Featherweight title.
Fighters were awarded $10,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Donald Cerrone vs. Jamie Varner
- Knockout of the Night: George Roop
- Submission of the Night: Miguel Torres
- Official WEC website