1940 National Football League All-Star Game (January)
|1940 (January) AFL All-Star Game|
|Date||January 14, 1940|
|Stadium||Gilmore Stadium, Los Angeles, California|
|Referee||Wilbur G. Crowell|
|TV in the United States|
The 1940 National Football League All-star Game was the professional football league's second all-star game. The game pitted the Green Bay Packers, the league's champion for the 1939 season, against a team of all-stars. The game was played on Sunday, January 14, 1940, at Gilmore Stadium in Los Angeles, California in front of 18,000 fans. The Packers defeated the all-stars by a score of 16–7. The game was originally scheduled to be played on the previous Sunday, but it was delayed due to rain.
NFL All-Stars Roster
Green Bay Packers roster
|Left Halfback||Jimmy Lawrence|
|Right Halfback||Joe Laws|
|Left End||Milt Gantenbein||
|Right End||Allen Moore|
|Left Tackle||Ernie Smith||Baby Ray|
|Right Tackle||Charlie Schultz|
|Left Guard||Gust Zarnas||
|Right Guard||Pete Tinsley|
|Center||Tom Greenfield||Bud Svendsen|
- a Injured player; selected but did not play
- "Packers Beat Stars, 16 to 7".
- McLemore, Henry (January 15, 1940). "Green Bay Packers Upset Stars, 16–7".
- McLemore, Henry (January 7, 1940). "Pro Football Players in Game Today".
- "Pro Bowl Battle Scheduled Today".
- "1939 NFL Pro Bowlers".
- "1939 Green Bay Packers roster".
- "'"Stars Picked to Meet Bays in 'Pro Bowl.