1950 Wimbledon Championships
|1950 Wimbledon Championships|
|Date:||June 26 – July 7 |
London, United Kingdom
|Budge Patty |
|Louise Brough Clapp |
|John Bromwich / Adrian Quist |
|Louise Brough / Margaret Osborne duPont|
|Louise Brough / Eric Sturgess|
The 1950 Wimbledon Championships took place on the outdoor grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom. The tournament ran from 26 June until 7 July. It was the 64th staging of the Wimbledon Championships, and the third Grand Slam tennis event of 1950.
For the first time since the 1927 introduction of seedings 16 players were seeded in the men's singles event instead of eight.
- 2010 Wimbledon Compendium, by Alan Little (The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon, London)
- "Grand Slam Tournaments - Wimbledon" (PDF). usta.com.
- "Roll of Honour - Women's Singles". wimbledon.org.
- "Roll of Honour - Men's Doubles". wimbledon.org.
- "Sedgman Gets No.1 Seeding For Wimbledon Singles.".
- Official Wimbledon Championships website
1950 French Championships
1950 U.S. National Championships