1975 Wimbledon Championships
|1975 Wimbledon Championships|
|Date:||23 June – 5 July|
|Category:||Grand Slam (ITF)|
London, United Kingdom
|Billie Jean King|
|Vitas Gerulaitis / Sandy Mayer|
|Ann Kiyomura / Kazuko Sawamatsu|
|Margaret Court / Marty Riessen|
The 1975 Wimbledon Championships was a tennis tournament that took place on the outdoor grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom. The tournament ran from 23 June until 5 July. It was the 89th staging of the Wimbledon Championships, and the second Grand Slam tennis event of 1975.
- Prize money 1
- Men's singles 2.1
- Women's singles 2.2
- Men's doubles 2.3
- Women's doubles 2.4
- Mixed doubles 2.5
Juniors Champions 3
- Boys' singles 3.1
- Girls' singles 3.2
- Notes 4
- External links 5
The total prize money for 1975 championships was £114,875. The winner of the men's title earned £10,000 while the women's singles champion earned £7,000.
|Event||W||F||SF||QF||Round of 16||Round of 32||Round of 64||Round of 128|
|Men's Doubles *||£2,000||£1,200||£800||£400||£200||£0||£0||N/A|
|Women's Doubles *||£1,200||£700||£400||£200||£100||£0||£0||N/A|
|Mixed Doubles *||£1,000||£500||£300||£200||£100||£0||£0||N/A|
* per team
- It was Ashe's 3rd (and last) career Grand Slam title, and his 1st Wimbledon title.
- It was King's 12th (and last) career Grand Slam title (her 8th in the Open Era), and her 6th Wimbledon title.
- Little, Alan (2013). Wimbledon Compendium 2013 (23 ed.). London: All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club. p. 327–334.
- Ashe became the first man of black African ancestry to win a Grand Slam singles title.
- Official Website Wimbledon Championships
1975 French Open
1975 US Open