AllMusic's logotype and logo (since July 2013)
|Slogan||Music search, recommendations, videos and reviews|
Type of site
|Online database for music albums, artists and songs; including reviews and biographies|
|Owner||All Media Network, LLC (since August 2013)|
|Created by||Michael Erlewine|
|2,490 (April 2014)|
AllMusic (previously known as All Music Guide or AMG) is an online music guide service website. It was launched in 1991 by All Media Guide which later became All Media Network.
- History 1
Services and products 2
- Guide series 2.1
- Reception 3
- See also 4
- References 5
- External links 6
AllMusic was launched in 1991 by Michael Erlewine of All Media Guide (later became All Media Network). The aim was to "[compile] discographic information on every artist who's made a record since Enrico Caruso gave the industry its first big boost". Its first reference book was published the following year.
The AMG consumer web properties AllMusic.com, AllMovie.com and AllGame.com were sold by Rovi in July 2013 to All Media Network, LLC. All Media Network, LLC. was formed by the original founders of SideReel.com and Ackrell Capital.
Services and products
The content was initially published in book form in 1991 as the All Music Guide, and is now freely available to the public for online reference and information, as well as available via licensing for point-of-sale systems, media players, and online music stores.
All Media Network also produce the AllMusic guide series that includes the AllMusic Guide to Rock, the All Music Guide to Jazz and the All Music Guide to the Blues. Vladimir Bogdanov is the president of the series.
In August 2007, PC Magazine included AllMusic in its "Top 100 Classic Websites" list.
- "Allmusic.com Site Info".
- "AllMusic FAQ".
- "AllMusic". Retrieved July 20, 2012.
- Wolf, Gary (February 1994). "All Music".
- "Rovi Corporation Reports Second Quarter 2013 Financial Performance Announces Agreements to Sell Rovi Entertainment Store and Consumer Website Businesses". Rovi. July 21, 2013. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- "Digital Entertainment Veterans Launch ‘All Media Network’ to Perfect Digital Media Discovery". BusinessWire. December 3, 2013. Retrieved December 3, 2013.
- Bowe, Brian J. (January 24, 2007). "Make it or Break it".
- Toon, Jason (July 21, 1999). "Rock Stock: A book report on the best tomes to consult before buying tunes".
- Heater, Brian (August 13, 2007). "Top 100 Classic Websites – AllMusic – Slideshow from pcmag.com".
- Official website