November 13, 1949 |
New York, New York, United States
|Spouse(s)||Denise Madelyn Horn (1974-present; 6 children)|
Marc "Babaloo" Mandel (born October 13, 1949) is an American writer. His writing credits include the television series Happy Days and the movie Night Shift. He is the long-time writing partner of Lowell Ganz. Mandel was born in New York City, the son of a taxi driver. With his wife, Denise Madelyn (Horn), whom he married in 1974, he has six children, including a set of triplets.
- Filmography 1
- TV appearances 2
- References 3
- External links 4
- Busting Loose (1977) (TV)
- Laverne & Shirley (1977–78) (TV)
- Happy Days (1981) (TV)
- Night Shift (1982)
- Splash (1984)
- Spies Like Us (1985)
- Gung Ho (1986)
- Parenthood (1989)
- City Slickers (1991)
- A League of Their Own (1992)
- Mr. Saturday Night (1992)
- Multiplicity (1996)
- Where the Heart Is (2000)
- Fever Pitch (2005)
- Robots (2005)
- Parental Guidance (2012) (with Billy Crystal, Lisa Addario, Lowell Ganz, and Joe Syracuse)
Mandel and Ganz were featured in The Dialogue interview series. In the 90-minute interview with producer Mike DeLuca, Ganz and Mandel discuss their 40-year partnership as it evolved from television to feature films.
- "The New York Times". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-02-13.
- Reed, J.D. (19 October 1992). "Mr. Saturday Night's Writers: Funny All Week". People 38 (16). Retrieved 2013-10-01.
- "Babaloo Mandel Biography (1949-)". Filmreference.com. 1949-10-13. Retrieved 2013-10-01.
- Babaloo Mandel at the Internet Movie Database
- The Dialogue: Learn from the Masters Interview
- Yahoo! Movies