Bear Run is in the Appalachian Mountains and part of the Pittsburgh metropolitan area. The Fallingwater house, designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright, is located on this stream at the locality known as Mill Run.
Bear Run is inside the Bear Run Nature Reserve, protected by the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy. Bear Run is a designated Pennsylvania Scenic River. The nearest incorporated town is Ohiopyle, once a resort town for affluent Pittsburghers, and now a launch point for whitewater rafting.
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National Map, accessed August 15, 2011
- Pennsylvania Scenic Rivers website
- WPC: Natural Resource Conservation: Bear Run Nature Reserve
- Welcome to Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater
- Google Maps - Mill Run, PA 15464