Beaver County Airport
|Beaver County Airport|
|ICAO: KBVI – FAA LID: BVI|
|Owner||County of Beaver|
|Serves||Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania|
|Elevation AMSL||1,253 ft / 382 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, but Beaver County Airport is BVI to the FAA and BFP to the IATA (which assigned BVI to Birdsville Airport in Birdsville, Queensland, Australia.
- Facilities 1
- B-17 Nine-O-Nine 2
- Beaver Valley Flying Club, Inc 3
- Flight Schools 4
- Air Heritage Museum 5
- References 6
- External links 7
The airport covers 228 acres (92 ha) and has one asphalt runway, 10/28, 4,501 x 100 ft (1,372 x 30 m). In the year ending December 30, 2006 the airport had 68,940 aircraft operations, average 188 per day: 99.9% general aviation and 0.1% military. 137 aircraft are based at this airport: 78% single-engine, 15% multi-engine, 4% jet and 2% helicopter.
On August 23, 1987, the B-17 Flying Fortress Nine-O-Nine crashed during an airshow at the airport. The plane was attempting to land but ran off the end of the runway and was badly damaged. It has been repaired and continues to fly at airshows across the United States.
Beaver Valley Flying Club, Inc
The Beaver Valley Flying Club, Inc is a not-for-profit organization which has been in operation since 1967 on the Airport. The Club operates a G500 Cessna 172 and a 2002 Archer III.
Aces Aviation offers flight training in both single and twin engine Diamond Aircraft.
Moore Aviation Inc offers flight training in single and multi engine aircraft from the Cessna and Piper aircraft families.
Both flight schools can take a student from zero time to Recreational or Private Pilot, Instrument Rating, Commercial, Multi-Engine and Certified Flight Instructor Ratings. They are also listed as providers for the Community College of Beaver County's Aviation Sciences programs.
Air Heritage Museum
- FAA Airport Master Record for BVI (PDF), effective 2007-10-25
- "Our Aircraft - Air Heritage Inc.".
- Beaver Valley Flying Club, Inc
- Beaver County Airport at Pennsylvania DOT Bureau of Aviation
- Airport information at Beaver County website
Resources for this airport:
- FAA airport information for BVI
- AirNav airport information for KBVI
- ASN accident history for BFP
- FlightAware airport information and live flight tracker
- NOAA/NWS latest weather observations
- SkyVector aeronautical chart, Terminal Procedures