Neighborhood of Pittsburgh
Houses in Beltzhoover built circa 2003 to 2006
|• Total||0.421 sq mi (1.09 km2)|
|• Density||4,600/sq mi (1,800/km2)|
The area is named for Melchior Beltzhoover who was a farmer there in the early 19th century. The community contains a park called McKinley Park. The neighborhood lies in the 18th ward and is predominantly an African American neighborhood.
The neighborhood is currently the subject of a revitalization effort by several local organizations, such as the Beltzhoover Concerned Citizens Development Corporation, the Hilltop Housing Initiative, and the Urban Redevelopment Authority.
- Surrounding Pittsburgh neighborhoods 1
- See also 2
- Further reading 3.1
- External links 4
Surrounding Pittsburgh neighborhoods
- "PGHSNAP 2010 Raw Census Data by Neighborhood". Pittsburgh Department of City Planning PGHSNAP Utility. 2012. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- Todd, Deborah. "Hilltop housing initiative brings change to community". Retrieved 2006-12-28.
- Toker, Franklin (1994) . Pittsburgh: An Urban Portrait. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press.
Media related to at Wikimedia Commons
- Beltzhoover Neighborhood Map
- Beltzhoover Neighborhood