Ray Brandes House
|Architect||Frank Lloyd Wright|
|NRHP Reference #||94001436|
|Added to NRHP||12/14/1994|
The Ray Brandes House is a Frank Lloyd Wright designed Usonian home located at 2202 212th Avenue SE, Sammamish, Washington It was constructed in 1952. The home is constructed in Frank Lloyd Wright's Usonian style which is designed to create flow between nature, the home and its interior. It is one of the better preserved examples of this style, and one of three homes designed by frank lloyd Wright in Washington State. Landscaping was selected from local flora and fauna, typical of Frank lloyd Wright's preference.
- "National Register of Historical Places - WASHINGTON - King County". National Park Service.
- Street name and number per Heinz, Thomas (1999). Frank Lloyd Field Guide, West, Volume 3. Academy Press. p. 18. While Heinz and Storrer (below) give the place as Issaquah, Washington, this address has been within the city limits of Sammamish since the incorporation of that city on August 1, 1999.
- Storrer, William Allin. The Frank Lloyd Wright Companion. University Of Chicago Press, 2006, ISBN 0-226-77621-2 (S.350)
- Wright Studies Ray and Mimi Brandes Residence, Sammamish (Issaquah),Washington (1952) (S.350)
- Brandes house on waymarking.com
- Tours & Lectures: Frank Lloyd Wright's Brandes Residence
- Photos on Arcaid
- Brandes House at the archINFORM database