Bruzelius completed her undergraduate work at Wellesley College in 1971 and received her Ph.D from Yale University in 1977. She was Director of the American Academy in Rome from 1994 to 1998, and was awarded the Cogan Professorship in 2001.
- The Stones of Naples: Church Building in the Angevin Kingdom, 1266-1343. Yale University Press, London, (January, 2004). (in Italian as: Le Pietre di Napoli, 2005)
- Francesco Aceto and Alessandra Periccioli-Saggese. Campania Gotica. Jaca Books, Milan, (2006).
- "The Architectural Context of Santa Maria Donna Regina." The Church of Sta. Maria Donna Regina: Art, Iconography and Patronage in Fourteenth-Century Naples. Edited by Janis Elliott and Cordelia Warr. (2004): 79-92.
- with C. Goodson. "The Abbey in the Middle Ages." Walls and Memory. The Abbey of San Sebastiano at Alatri (Lazio) from Late Roman Monastery to Renaissance Villa and Beyond. Edited by Elizabeth Fentress, Caroline J. Goodson, Margaret L. Laird and Stephanie C. Leone. (2005): 72-113.
- "'Le pietre sono parole.' Charles II d'Anjou, Filippo Minutolo e la Cathedrale Angevine de Naples." Le monde des cathedrales, Paris Editions du Louvre (2004)
- "Who Was That Doris Duke, Anyway?", Duke Magazine 92 (2), March–April 2006.
- Faculty profile, Duke University, retrieved 2011-05-22.
- Curriculum vitae, retrieved 2011-05-22.