|• Total||6 km2 (2 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC (UTC+4)|
Chambarak (Armenian: Ճամբարակ) is a town in the Gegharkunik Province of Armenia. It was known as Mikhaylovka until 1920, Karmir Gyugh between 1920 and 1972, and Krasnoyelsk between 1972 and 1991. Chambarak was founded in 1835-40as Mikhaylovka on the Getik River by Russian immigrants . Karmir Gyugh and Krasnosyelsk both mean "Red Village" in Armenian and Russian respectively. There are many 13th-century khachkars in the town. The name Chambarak refers to an ancient settlement that existed on the present town's place during the Middle Ages.
- Chambarak at GEOnet Names Server
- World Gazeteer: Armenia – World-Gazetteer.com
- Report of the results of the 2001 Armenian Census, National Statistical Service of the Republic of Armenia
- Kiesling, Brady (2005), Rediscovering Armenia: Guide,
- Brady Kiesling, Rediscovering Armenia, p. 49; original archived at Archive.org, and current version online on Armeniapedia.org.