|Key people||Dr. Giorgio Coraluppi, President and Director|
Compunetix, Inc. is a privately held corporation that develops multimedia multipoint telecommunications systems for audio conferencing, videoconferencing, and mission-critical applications in commercial and government markets around the world. The company also provides engineering and manufacturing services. Compunetix is headquartered in Monroeville, Pennsylvania.
- History 1
Corporate Structure 2
- Communications Systems Divisions (CSD) 2.1
- Video Systems Division (VSD) 2.2
- Federal Systems Division (FSD) 2.3
- Instrumentation Systems Division (ISD) 2.4
- Compunetics 2.5
- Sonexis 2.6
- Voice/Data Collaboration 3.1
- Video Conferencing 3.2
- Mission Critical Systems 3.3
- References 4
- External links 5
Compunetics, Inc., the parent company of Compunetix, was founded in 1968 by Dr. Giorgio Coraluppi. Initially operating as a contract engineering firm, the company entered the printed circuit board market in 1969. For the next few decades, Compunetics worked to create custom technologies for several agencies of the United States government.
In the 1980s, Compunetix received its first U.S. patent for a “Rearrangeable full Availability Multistage Switching Network with Redundant Conductors.” Utilizing this technology, Compunetix developed the NASA VSS and VSD conferencing systems, and later the CONTEX 240 and 480 conference bridges.
Compunetix, Inc. was established as a separate corporation in 1990 to undertake commercial applications of voice and data switching and conferencing technology. In 2004, Compunetix unveiled the CONTEX Summit media processor to the market, offering the quality and reliability of traditional conference hardware with the scalability and flexibility of a media server.
In March 2004, Compunetix announced guaranteed lifetime support for its full range of products.
Compunetix is composed of six business units that collectively conceptualize, engineer and manufacture the company’s products.
The divisions of Compunetix include:
Communications Systems Divisions (CSD)
- Voice and Data Collaboration Systems
Video Systems Division (VSD)
- Video Conferencing Systems
Federal Systems Division (FSD)
- Mission-Critical Systems (aerospace, military and government clients)
Instrumentation Systems Division (ISD)
- Electronics Manufacturing
The other business units consist of two wholly owned subsidiaries:
- Printed Circuit Board Manufacturing
- Audio and Web Conferencing
Compunetix designs and builds hardware and software for audio, data, and video collaboration and conference systems; the company also makes command, communication, and control keysets and instruments. Each product is built in accordance with military specifications at Compunetix in-house facilities.
Some of Compunetix available products include:
- Summit Xtend X2
- CONTEX 240/480
- CONTEX Digital Record and Playback(CDRP)
- Windows Operator Console (WOC)
- Maintenance Client (MC)
- Passcode Server
- CONTEX Automatic Conference Linking (ACL)
- CONTEX Report
- CONTEX Web
- CONTEX Presenter
- CONTEX Operator Express
- CONTEX Mobile Suite
- Operator Console
- Maintenance Client
- Advanced Ensemble
Mission Critical Systems
- CONTEX 60T
- CONTEX 500T
- CONTEX 2000T
- Mission Voice Platform (MVP)
- Compunetix Announces Guaranteed Lifetime Product Support
- Compunetix Corporate Website