Dubai Sports City
|Full name||Dubai Sports City|
|Coordinates||1.3043° N, 103.8746° E|
|Operator||Dubai Sports City|
|Capacity||60,000 (DSC Multi-Purpose Stadium), 30,000 (Dubai Cricket Stadium), 10,000 (DSC Indoor Arena)|
|Broke ground||29 September 2010|
|Opened||30 June 2014|
|Architect||Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner|
United Arab Emirates national football team,
United Arab Emirates national hockey team,
United Arab Emirates national cricket team,
United Arab Emirates national rugby team
Dubai Sports City or DSC is a description of a new multi-purpose stadium in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The stadium is a 50-million square feet mixed use development that will be the world’s first integrated purpose-built sports city. The development is being built around five major sports venues and features a series of major sports academy facilities. Dubai Properties is master developer of this project for infrastructure.
Dubai Sports City will contain the following sporting complexes:
- DSC Multi-Purpose Stadium, the main sports structure, will be a 60,000 seat multi-purpose outdoor stadium. This stadium will be used for athletics, cricket and football.
- DSC Indoor Arena, a 10,000 seat indoor arena. The stadium is designed to host all hard court games such as basketball, volleyball, handball, badminton, tennis, ice hockey and more the 10,000 seat indoor stadium will deliver the ideal venue for sport's events throughout the Dubai's summer months.
- Rugby Park, a 5,000 seat rugby stadium. The newest sports initiative of Dubai Sports City, the Rugby Park provides state-of-the-art, purpose-built facilities for players, coaches, referees, at all levels of the game. The Rugby Park in future will also boast a state-of-the-art high performance gymnasium, world class sports science and rehabilitation facilities as well as a full sports medical clinic.
- DSC Hockey Stadium 5,000 seat hockey stadium. The stadium will provide a base to the UAE Hockey Committee and the World Hockey Academy. The Hockey Stadium is situated at the Dubai Sports City Academy's Campus and provides world-class facilities for international athletes and local enthusiasts. The World Hockey Academy is the first facility of its kind anywhere in the world. Through a partnership between Dubai Sports City and the International Hockey Federation, the World Hockey Academy will provide coaching at the highest professional level from seasoned hockey coaches, many of whom have represented their countries in the international arena.
- The Els Club Golf Course is golf park. It is a world's first and is also the first golf course designed by Ernie Els in the Middle East. The course combines a links style golf course with traditional 'classical era' design that features gently rolling fairways with steep greenside bunkers and grass swales.
Sport venues hosted
- Hosted 2 ODI matches between Pakistan and Australia from 22 to 24 April 2009
- Hosted 2 Twenty20 matches between Pakistan and New Zealand from 12 to 13 November 2009.
- Hosted 2 Indian musical concerts on 1 and 2 November 2009.
- Hosted 2 Twenty20 matches between Pakistan and England from 13 to 14 February 2010.
- The Els Club,located in Dubai sports city hosted Callaways Odyssey.
- Dubai Sports city hosted World Twenty20 qualifier matches in February 2010.
- Hosted 3 ODI matches between Pakistan and South Africa from 2 to 8 November 2010.
- Hosted a Test match between Pakistan and South Africa on 12 November 2010.
- In 2014, The 2014 Indian Premier League tournament was held in the stadium along with Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium and Sharjah Cricket Association Stadium then the tournament will be back to homeland India.
- ICC Global Cricket Academy is a cricket academy which helps players, coaches, umpires, curators and administrators to focused on progress, training and achievement.
- Spanish Soccer Schools is a football academy. It is run by Spanish soccer hero Michel Salgado.
- Rugby Academy is a Rugby academy. It focus on the development of talent throughout all age groups and standards up to and including elite club and international level.
- Swimming Academy is swimming academy. It is first swimming facility in the UAE to have high performance coaching and training resources offered to the sport.
- Butch Harmon School of Golf is golf academy. It is runs by Butch Harmon is widely regarded as the best golf coach in the world.
Construction on 1 May 2007
- "Dubai Sports City to Host First International Tournament".
- Dubai Sports City website
- Dubai sports city projects and developers