|ELK3, ETS-domain protein (SRF accessory protein 2)|
|Symbols||; ERP; NET; SAP2|
|External IDs||ChEMBL: GeneCards:|
|RNA expression pattern|
ETS domain-containing protein Elk-3 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the ELK3 gene. The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the ETS-domain transcription factor family and the ternary complex factor (TCF) subfamily. Proteins in this subfamily regulate transcription when recruited by serum response factor to bind to serum response elements. This protein is activated by signal-induced phosphorylation; studies in rodents suggest that it is a transcriptional inhibitor in the absence of Ras, but activates transcription when Ras is present.
- Shipley J, Sheer D, Dalton S, Treisman R, Patel K (Mar 1995). "Mapping of the human SAP1 (SRF accessory protein 1) gene and SAP2, a gene encoding a related protein, to chromosomal bands 1q32 and 12q23, respectively". Genomics 23 (3): 710–1.
- "Entrez Gene: ELK3 ELK3, ETS-domain protein (SRF accessory protein 2)".
- Maira, S M; Wurtz J M; Wasylyk B (Nov 1996). "Net (ERP/SAP2) one of the Ras-inducible TCFs, has a novel inhibitory domain with resemblance to the helix-loop-helix motif". EMBO J. (ENGLAND) 15 (21): 5849–65.
- Sharrocks AD, Brown AL, Ling Y, Yates PR (1998). "The ETS-domain transcription factor family.". Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 29 (12): 1371–87.
- Wasylyk B, Hagman J, Gutierrez-Hartmann A (1998). "Ets transcription factors: nuclear effectors of the Ras-MAP-kinase signaling pathway.". Trends Biochem. Sci. 23 (6): 213–6.
- Price MA, Rogers AE, Treisman R (1995). "Comparative analysis of the ternary complex factors Elk-1, SAP-1a and SAP-2 (ERP/NET).". EMBO J. 14 (11): 2589–601.
- Giovane A, Pintzas A, Maira SM, et al. (1994). "Net, a new ets transcription factor that is activated by Ras.". Genes Dev. 8 (13): 1502–13.
- Maira SM, Wurtz JM, Wasylyk B (1997). "Net (ERP/SAP2) one of the Ras-inducible TCFs, has a novel inhibitory domain with resemblance to the helix-loop-helix motif.". EMBO J. 15 (21): 5849–65.
- Criqui-Filipe P, Ducret C, Maira SM, Wasylyk B (1999). "Net, a negative Ras-switchable TCF, contains a second inhibition domain, the CID, that mediates repression through interactions with CtBP and de-acetylation.". EMBO J. 18 (12): 3392–403.
- Ducret C, Maira SM, Dierich A, Wasylyk B (2000). "The net repressor is regulated by nuclear export in response to anisomycin, UV, and heat shock.". Mol. Cell. Biol. 19 (10): 7076–87.
- Ducret C, Maira SM, Lutz Y, Wasylyk B (2000). "The ternary complex factor Net contains two distinct elements that mediate different responses to MAP kinase signalling cascades.". Oncogene 19 (44): 5063–72.
- Strausberg RL, Feingold EA, Grouse LH, et al. (2003). "Generation and initial analysis of more than 15,000 full-length human and mouse cDNA sequences.". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 99 (26): 16899–903.
- Gupta M, Sueblinvong V, Raman J, et al. (2004). "Single-stranded DNA-binding proteins PURalpha and PURbeta bind to a purine-rich negative regulatory element of the alpha-myosin heavy chain gene and control transcriptional and translational regulation of the gene expression. Implications in the repression of alpha-myosin heavy chain during heart failure.". J. Biol. Chem. 278 (45): 44935–48.
- Beausoleil SA, Jedrychowski M, Schwartz D, et al. (2004). "Large-scale characterization of HeLa cell nuclear phosphoproteins.". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 101 (33): 12130–5.
- Gerhard DS, Wagner L, Feingold EA, et al. (2004). "The status, quality, and expansion of the NIH full-length cDNA project: the Mammalian Gene Collection (MGC).". Genome Res. 14 (10B): 2121–7.
- Wasylyk C, Criqui-Filipe P, Wasylyk B (2005). "Sumoylation of the net inhibitory domain (NID) is stimulated by PIAS1 and has a negative effect on the transcriptional activity of Net.". Oncogene 24 (5): 820–8.
- Rual JF, Venkatesan K, Hao T, et al. (2005). "Towards a proteome-scale map of the human protein-protein interaction network.". Nature 437 (7062): 1173–8.
- ELK3 protein, human at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)