The 1997 MIT Press edition
|Published||1991 (Elsevier Science)|
|ISBN||9 780262 631716|
Freud Evaluated: The Completed Arc is a 1991 book about Sigmund Freud by Malcolm Macmillan.
- Scholarly reception 1
- See also 2
- Footnotes 3.1
- Bibliography 3.2
The work received a favorable reception from several critics of Freud. It was described by Frederick Crews as "the single most important book about Freud's ideas." Allen Esterson calls Freud Evaluated, "a painstaking scholarly and remarkably wide-ranging historically-based critique of Freud's theoretical framework which will remain an invaluable sourcebook for many years to come."
- Crews, Frederick (2006). Follies of the Wise: Dissenting Essays. Emeryville: Shoemaker Hoard.
- Dufresne, Todd (2007). Against Freud. Stanford: Stanford University Press.
- Esterson, Allen (1993). Seductive Mirage: An Exploration of the Work of Sigmund Freud. Chicago: Open Court Publishing Company.
- Webster, Richard (2005). Why Freud Was Wrong: Sin, Science and Psychoanalysis. Oxford: The Orwell Press.
- Crews 2006. p. 352.
- Esterson 1993. p. ix.
- Webster 2005. pp. 560-561.
- Dufresne 2007. p. 162.
Todd Dufresne calls it, "a strong, comprehensive, although fairly dry, examination of the early history and theory of psychoanalysis".