Goddard High Resolution Spectrograph
The Goddard High Resolution Spectrograph (GHRS or HRS) was a spectrograph installed on the Hubble Space Telescope. It was replaced by the Near Infrared Camera and Multi-Object Spectrometer (NICMOS) in 1997.
- Instrument type: Ultraviolet spectrograph
- Wavelength range: 1050 to 3200 Å (105 to 320 nm)
- Resolving Power at 1200 Å (120 nm)
A technical description of the construction and operation of the GHRS can be found in NASA technical report CP-2244.
- The Space Telescope Observatory (Technical report). NASA. 1982. CP-2244., page 76. A 40 MB PDF file.
- The Goddard High Resolution Spectrograph