|Inhibitor of growth family, member 1|
|Symbols||; p24ING1c; p33; p33ING1; p33ING1b; p47; p47ING1a|
|RNA expression pattern|
Inhibitor of growth protein 1 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the ING1 gene. This gene encodes a tumor suppressor protein that can induce cell growth arrest and apoptosis. The encoded protein is a nuclear protein that physically interacts with the tumor suppressor protein TP53 and is a component of the p53 signaling pathway. Reduced expression and rearrangement of this gene have been detected in various cancers. Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been reported.
Location on Chromosome 13
ING1 is located near the following genes on Chromosome 13
- CARKD Carbohydrate Kinase Domain-Containing Protein (Unknown Function)
- COL4A2: A2 Subunit of type IV collagen
- RAB20: Potential regulator of Connexin 43 trafficking.
- CARS2: Mitochondrial Cystienyl-tRNA Synthetase 2
- Garkavtsev I, Kazarov A, Gudkov A, Riabowol K (Jan 1997). "Suppression of the novel growth inhibitor p33ING1 promotes neoplastic transformation". Nat Genet 14 (4): 415–20.
- Garkavtsev I, Demetrick D, Riabowol K (Jul 1997). "Cellular localization and chromosome mapping of a novel candidate tumor suppressor gene (ING1)". Cytogenet Cell Genet 76 (3-4): 176–8.
- "Entrez Gene: ING1 inhibitor of growth family, member 1".
- Vieyra, Diego; Loewith Robbie, Scott Michelle, Bonnefin Paul, Boisvert Francois-Michel, Cheema Parneet, Pastyryeva Svitlana, Meijer Maria, Johnston Randal N, Bazett-Jones David P, McMahon Steven, Cole Michael D, Young Dallan, Riabowol Karl (Aug 2002). "Human ING1 proteins differentially regulate histone acetylation". J. Biol. Chem. (United States) 277 (33): 29832–9.
- Kuzmichev, A; Zhang Y; Erdjument-Bromage H; Tempst P; Reinberg D (Feb 2002). "Role of the Sin3-histone deacetylase complex in growth regulation by the candidate tumor suppressor p33(ING1)". Mol. Cell. Biol. (United States) 22 (3): 835–48.
- Xin, Huawei; Yoon Ho-Guen; Singh Prim B; Wong Jiemin; Qin Jun (Mar 2004). "Components of a pathway maintaining histone modification and heterochromatin protein 1 binding at the pericentric heterochromatin in Mammalian cells". J. Biol. Chem. (United States) 279 (10): 9539–46.
- Scott, M; Bonnefin P; Vieyra D; Boisvert F M; Young D; Bazett-Jones D P; Riabowol K (Oct 2001). "UV-induced binding of ING1 to PCNA regulates the induction of apoptosis". J. Cell. Sci. (England) 114 (Pt 19): 3455–62.
- Leung, Ka Man; Po Lai See; Tsang Fan Cheung; Siu Wai Yi; Lau Anita; Ho Horace T B; Poon Randy Y C (Sep 2002). "The candidate tumor suppressor ING1b can stabilize p53 by disrupting the regulation of p53 by MDM2". Cancer Res. (United States) 62 (17): 4890–3.
- Garkavtsev, I; Grigorian I A; Ossovskaya V S; Chernov M V; Chumakov P M; Gudkov A V (Jan 1998). "The candidate tumour suppressor p33ING1 cooperates with p53 in cell growth control".
- Campos EI, Chin MY, Kuo WH, Li G (2004). "Biological functions of the ING family tumor suppressors.". Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 61 (19-20): 2597–613.
- Helbing CC, Veillette C, Riabowol K, et al. (1997). "A novel candidate tumor suppressor, ING1, is involved in the regulation of apoptosis.". Cancer Res. 57 (7): 1255–8.
- Garkavtsev I, Riabowol K (1997). "Extension of the replicative life span of human diploid fibroblasts by inhibition of the p33ING1 candidate tumor suppressor.". Mol. Cell. Biol. 17 (4): 2014–9.
- Zeremski M, Horrigan SK, Grigorian IA, et al. (1997). "Localization of the candidate tumor suppressor gene ING1 to human chromosome 13q34.". Somat. Cell Mol. Genet. 23 (3): 233–6.
- Garkavtsev I, Grigorian IA, Ossovskaya VS, et al. (1998). "The candidate tumour suppressor p33ING1 cooperates with p53 in cell growth control.". Nature 391 (6664): 295–8.
- Shinoura N, Muramatsu Y, Nishimura M, et al. (1999). "Adenovirus-mediated transfer of p33ING1 with p53 drastically augments apoptosis in gliomas.". Cancer Res. 59 (21): 5521–8.
- Jäger D, Stockert E, Scanlan MJ, et al. (2000). "Cancer-testis antigens and ING1 tumor suppressor gene product are breast cancer antigens: characterization of tissue-specific ING1 transcripts and a homologue gene.". Cancer Res. 59 (24): 6197–204.
- Sanchez-Cespedes M, Okami K, Cairns P, Sidransky D (2000). "Molecular analysis of the candidate tumor suppressor gene ING1 in human head and neck tumors with 13q deletions.". Genes Chromosomes Cancer 27 (3): 319–22.
- Tokunaga E, Maehara Y, Oki E, et al. (2000). "Diminished expression of ING1 mRNA and the correlation with p53 expression in breast cancers.". Cancer Lett. 152 (1): 15–22.
- Baranova AV, Ivanov DV, Makeeva NV, et al. (2000). "[Genomic organization of the suppressor gene for tumor growth ING1]". Mol. Biol. (Mosk.) 34 (2): 263–9.
- Saito A, Furukawa T, Fukushige S, et al. (2000). "p24/ING1-ALT1 and p47/ING1-ALT2, distinct alternative transcripts of p33/ING1.". J. Hum. Genet. 45 (3): 177–81.
- Gunduz M, Ouchida M, Fukushima K, et al. (2000). "Genomic structure of the human ING1 gene and tumor-specific mutations detected in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas.". Cancer Res. 60 (12): 3143–6.
- Skowyra D, Zeremski M, Neznanov N, et al. (2001). "Differential association of products of alternative transcripts of the candidate tumor suppressor ING1 with the mSin3/HDAC1 transcriptional corepressor complex.". J. Biol. Chem. 276 (12): 8734–9.
- Nagashima M, Shiseki M, Miura K, et al. (2001). "DNA damage-inducible gene p33ING2 negatively regulates cell proliferation through acetylation of p53.". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 98 (17): 9671–6.
- Scott M, Bonnefin P, Vieyra D, et al. (2001). "UV-induced binding of ING1 to PCNA regulates the induction of apoptosis.". J. Cell. Sci. 114 (Pt 19): 3455–62.
- Kuzmichev A, Zhang Y, Erdjument-Bromage H, et al. (2002). "Role of the Sin3-histone deacetylase complex in growth regulation by the candidate tumor suppressor p33(ING1).". Mol. Cell. Biol. 22 (3): 835–48.
- Nouman GS, Angus B, Lunec J, et al. (2002). "Comparative assessment expression of the inhibitor of growth 1 gene (ING1) in normal and neoplastic tissues.". Hybrid. Hybridomics 21 (1): 1–10.
- Bromidge T, Lynas C (2002). "Relative levels of alternative transcripts of the ING1 gene and lack of mutations of p33/ING1 in haematological malignancies.". Leuk. Res. 26 (7): 631–5.
- ING1 protein, human at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)