Template:Drugbox Isradipine (tradenames DynaCirc, Prescal) is a 2007.
Isradipine is given as either a 2.5mg or 5mg capsule. 
Common side effects include: 
- Warmth, redness, or tingly feeling under your skin
- Weakness, tired feeling
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, upset stomach
- Skin rash or itching
Serious side effects include: 
- Lightheadedness or fainting
- Shortness of breath, especially from minimal physical activity
- Swelling in the hands and feet
- Rapid and/or heavy heartbeat
- Chest pain
If you experience one or more of these serious side effects, contact your health care provider immediately.
Significant drug interactions
There are other interactions beyond those listed below. Make sure to speak with a Pharmacist or Doctor if you have any concerns.
Three major interactions are listed below.
2. Onmel/Sporanox (Itraconazole) exhibits a negative inotropic effect on the heart and thus could spur an additive effect when used concomitantly with Isradipine. Onmel/Sporanox also inhibits an important cytochrome liver enzyme (CYP 450 3A4) which is needed to metabolize Isradipine and other Calcium Channel Blockers. This will increase plasma levels of Isradipine and could cause an unintentional overdose of the medication. Caution is advised when administering both agents together. 
6. Severe hypotension was reported with Duragesic (Fentanyl) anesthesia when it was combined with other Calcium Channel Blockers. Even though Isradipine, another Calcium Channel Blocker, has not been used in conjunction with Fentanyl anesthesia in any studies, caution is advised. 
Note: There was no significant interaction between Isradipine and Warfarin (Coumadin), Isradipine and Microzide Hydrochlorothiazide, Isradipine and Lanoxin (Digoxin), and Isradipine and Nitrostat (Nitroglycerin).
Symptoms of an Isradipine overdose include: 
Further reading and references
- Drug offers hope for Parkinson's - BBC News, 11 June 2007.
-  - Commentary of Chan et al. publication
-  - ArsTechnica - Why neurons die in Parkinson's patients
- REDIRECT Template:Channel blockers