|Systematic (IUPAC) name|
|Mol. mass||389.489 g/mol|
JM-1232 is a sedative and hypnotic drug being researched as a potential anesthetic. It has similar effects to sedative-hypnotic benzodiazepine drugs, but is structurally distinct and so is classed as a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic. It was developed by a team at Maruishi Pharmaceutica.
A human study explored the sedation caused by infusions at a range of doses, finding a fair hemodynamic safety profile.
- Kanamitsu N, Osaki T, Itsuji Y, Yoshimura M, Tsujimoto H, Soga M (December 2007). "Novel water-soluble sedative-hypnotic agents: isoindolin-1-one derivatives". Chemical & Pharmaceutical Bulletin 55 (12): 1682–8.
- Nishiyama T, Chiba S, Yamada Y (October 2008). "Antinociceptive property of intrathecal and intraperitoneal administration of a novel water-soluble isoindolin-1-one derivative, JM 1232 (-) in rats". European Journal of Pharmacology 596 (1-3): 56–61.
- Chiba S, Nishiyama T, Yamada Y (March 2009). "The antinociceptive effects and pharmacological properties of JM-1232(-): a novel isoindoline derivative". Anesthesia and Analgesia 108 (3): 1008–14.
- Masamune T, Sato H, Okuyama K, Imai Y, Iwashita H, Ishiyama T, Oguchi T, Sessler DI, Matsukawa T (July 2009). "The shivering threshold in rabbits with JM-1232(-), a new benzodiazepine receptor agonist". Anesthesia and Analgesia 109 (1): 96–100.
- Kuribayashi J, Kuwana S, Hosokawa Y, Hatori E, Takeda J (2010). "Effect of JM-1232(-), a new sedative on central respiratory activity in newborn rats". Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology 669: 115–8.
- Sneyd JR, Rigby-Jones AE (September 2010). "New drugs and technologies, intravenous anaesthesia is on the move (again)". British Journal of Anaesthesia 105 (3): 246–54.
- EP Patent 1566378 Isoindoline Derivative
- "First human administration of MR04A3: a novel water-soluble nonbenzodiazepine sedative.". Anesthesiology. Feb 2012.