|Birth name||Joseph Michael Kramer|
|Also known as||Kramedog|
|Born||June 21, 1950|
|Origin||The Bronx, New York City, United States|
|Genres||Hard rock, blues rock, heavy metal|
Kramer was born in The Bronx, New York City. His memoir, Hit Hard: A Story of Hitting Rock Bottom at the Top, was released on June 30, 2009.
Kramer married his girlfriend Linda in 2009. They currently reside in Georgetown, near Austin, Texas.
A powerful drummer, Kramer has been known to amuse concertgoers during his drum solos by striking the drums with his arms, legs, toes, elbows and even his forehead.
Kramer is credited with originating the name Aerosmith. In his memoir, Kramer revealed that he idly conceived the name Aerosmith while listening to Harry Nilsson's album Aerial Ballet in 1968, two years before the band was formed. Kramer insists that there is no connection between the name "Aerosmith" and Sinclair Lewis' novel Arrowsmith. Shortly before joining Aerosmith Kramer worked with Chubby & The Turnpikes (later to be known as Tavares) alongside Bernie Worrell. He made a guest appearance in the 22nd season of The Simpsons, in the episode "The Ned-Liest Catch", as a former partner of Bart's teacher Mrs. Krabappel, as told in the 3rd season episode Flaming Moe's, which featured the whole of Aerosmith, the first ever band to guest star on the show. In 2015, Kramer tweeted about how he had been made into a Simpsons action figure.
In June 2011, Kramer did a fan Q&A and revealed his open-mindedness to outside writers, stating he does not care about it as long as it's all 5 members of Aerosmith playing the material written.
In 2013 Kramer announced his new partnership with Comfort Foods, Inc. who now will roast, package and distribute his whole bean, organic coffee line: Rockin’ & Roastin’ Coffee.
- Aerosmith songs written 1
- Equipment 2
- References 3
- External links 4
Aerosmith songs written
The following Aerosmith songs have a writing credit given to Joey Kramer:
- "Pandora's Box" from Get Your Wings
- "Kings and Queens" from Draw the Line
- "The Hand That Feeds" from Draw The Line
- "The Hop" from Done With Mirrors
- "The Movie" from Permanent Vacation
- "Krawhitham" from Pandora's Box
- "Beautiful" from Music From Another Dimension!
- "Lover Alot" from Music From Another Dimension!
- "Can't Stop Lovin' You" from Music From Another Dimension!
- "Closer" from Music From Another Dimension!
- 14" A Mastersound Hi Hats (Brilliant)
- 19" A Custom Crash
- 18" A Armand Medium Thin Crash
- 21" Z Custom Mega Bell Ride
- 19" A Custom Projection Crash
- 14" A Custom Rezo Hi Hats
- 20" A Custom Crash
Joey Kramer Signature kit in Orange Sparkle Lacquer with White Powder-Coated hardware
- 14" X 24" Bass drum
- 9" X 13" Tom
- 16" X 16" Floor tom
- 16" X 18" Floor tom
- 6.5" X 14" Joey Kramer Signature Snare drum