Gordon in 2014.
No. 12 Cleveland Browns
|Date of birth:April 13, 1991|
|Place of birth: Houston, Texas|
|High school: Houston (TX) Lamar|
|Supplemental Draft: 2012 / Round: 2|
|Debuted in 2012 for the Cleveland Browns|
|Roster status: Active|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of Week 14, 2014
Joshua Caleb Gordon (born April 13, 1991) is an American football wide receiver for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Browns in the second round of the 2012 NFL Supplemental Draft. He played college football at Baylor.
Early years 1
- Recruitment 1.1
- College career 2
Professional career 3
Cleveland Browns (2012–present) 3.1
- 2012 season 3.1.1
- 2013 season 3.1.2
- 2014 season 3.1.3
- Cleveland Browns (2012–present) 3.1
- College 4.1
- Professional 4.2
Awards and achievements 5
- NFL records 5.1
- Browns franchise records 5.2
- References 6
- External links 7
Gordon attended Lamar High School in Houston, Texas, where he played football, basketball and ran track. He played basketball as a sophomore. In football, he caught 20 passes for 363 yards and four touchdowns as junior. As a senior, he was named first-team All-District 20-5A after totaling 25 receptions for 531 yards (21.2 average) and nine touchdowns.
He also competed in track & field as a senior, where he ran a leg on the Lamar 4x100m and 4x200m relay squads, helping them capture the state title in both events with times of 42.69 seconds and 1:30.43 minutes, respectively.
RecruitmentDuring the college recruitment period Gordon was targeted by Baylor, Houston, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and Texas Tech. According to Rivals.com Gordon was ranked as a 3-star wide receiver while Scout.com rated him as a 2-star at the position.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
|Houston, Texas||Lamar||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)||225 lb (102 kg)||4.40||Jan 26, 2009|
|Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A ESPN grade: 75|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 224 (WR) Rivals: 70 (WR) ESPN: 128 (WR)|
Gordon accepted an athletic scholarship to play football for Baylor University. However in October 2010, during his sophomore year, he and teammate Willie Jefferson were found asleep at a local Taco Bell. Police found marijuana in Jefferson’s car. Jefferson, who was driving, was kicked off the team due to it being his second violation, but Gordon was only suspended.
Cleveland Browns (2012–present)
On July 16, 2012, Gordon signed a 4-year, $5.3 million deal with the Browns.
Gordon finished among the top rookie receivers in the 2012 draft class. He finished with 50 catches, for 805 yards, and 5 touchdowns. Gordon scored his first career touchdown against the New York Giants, where he finished the game with 2 catches for 82 yards and 2 touchdowns. Gordon had his first 100 yard game against the Oakland Raiders in week 13, where he finished with 6 catches for 116 yards and 1 touchdown. Gordon had a career high of 8 catches against the Kansas City Chiefs in week 14.
On June 7, 2013, the NFL announced that Gordon would be suspended for the first two games of the 2013 season due to violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy. During week 12, Gordon had 237 receiving yards and in week 13, 261 yards. It marked the first time in NFL history a wide receiver had back-to-back 200-yard receiving games. On December 26, 2013, He was named the Cleveland Chapter PFWA Player of the Year following the season.
On December 27, 2013, Josh Gordon was voted to his first Pro Bowl Selection.
On August 27, 2014, Gordon acknowledged that the NFL suspended him for 1 year for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. On September 19, 2014, his suspension was reduced to 10 games amidst the new NFL drug policy. Gordon was officially reinstated on November 17.
College~Sat out the season
^Includes Bowl Game
|^ 2010||Baylor||Big 12||13||42||714||17.0||94||7|
|~ 2011||Utah||PAC 12||-||-||-||-||-||-|
Awards and achievements
- Most consecutive games, 200+ yards receiving: 2 (11/24/13, 237 yards; 12/01/13, 261 yards)
- Most receiving yards, two-game span: 498 yards (11/24/13, 237 yards; 12/01/13, 261 yards)
- Most receiving yards, three-game span: 665 yards (11/24/13, 237 yards; 12/01/13, 261 yards; 12/08/13, 151 yards)
- Most receiving yards, four-game span: 774 yards (11/17/13, 125 yards; 11/24/13, 237 yards; 12/01/13, 261 yards; 12/08/13, 151 yards)
Browns franchise records
- Most receiving yards, game: 261 yards (12/01/13 vs. Jacksonville)
- Most receiving yards, season: 1646 yards (2013)
- "Josh Gordon Pro Football Reference Profile". pro-football-reference.com.
- Josh Gordon the big story in supplemental draft
- NFL supplemental draft: Josh Gordon's potential worthy of mid-round flier
- Despite pulled quad, Josh Gordon impresses at workout before supplemental draft
- "Josh Gordon".
- "Josh Gordon".
- McClain, John (July 12, 2012). "Former Baylor WR Josh Gordon hopes to leave his past behind him".
- "Receiver-starved Browns gamble on Josh Gordon in Supplemental Draft".
- Davis, Nate (July 12, 2012). "Browns select ex-Baylor WR Josh Gordon in supplemental draft".
- Schefter, Adam (July 12, 2012). "Browns take Josh Gordon in Round 2".
- Kay, Joe (June 7, 2013). "Browns WR Josh Gordon suspended for 2 games".
- Josh Gordon's consecutive 200-yard games set record
- "Gordon, Thomas honored by PFWA". clevelandbrowns.com. Retrieved December 26, 2013.
- Jones, Lindsay (July 5, 2014). "Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon arrested for DWI".
- "Josh Gordon suspended 1 year".
- "Browns' Josh Gordon reinstated from suspension".
- Baylor Bears bio