|McCalls Dam State Park|
|Pennsylvania State Park|
|Natural Monument (IUCN III)|
White Deer Creek in McCalls Dam State Park
|Named for: Johnny McCall|
|- elevation||1,388 ft (423 m) |
|Area||8 acres (3 ha)|
|Managed by||Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources|
|Website : McCalls Dam State Park|
McCalls Dam State Park is a Pennsylvania state park on 8 acres (3.2 ha) in Miles Township, Centre County, Pennsylvania in the United States. The park is in the easternmost tip of Centre County, south of Clinton County and north of Union County. McCalls Dam State Park is in a remote location on a dirt road between R. B. Winter State Park on Pennsylvania Route 192 and Eastville on Pennsylvania Route 880. The park can only be accessed in the winter months by snowmobiling or cross-country skiing.
McCalls Dam State Park has a small camping area and a small picnic area with a few tables and charcoal grills. There are no modern restroom facilities at the park and visitors are asked to carry out all trash as there is no trash pick up at the park.
The park is named for the splash dam that Johnny McCall built on White Deer Creek in 1850. He used the waters that flowed from the dam to power a sawmill. Sixteen years later the dam was rebuilt to provide water for a series of splash dams that were used to float white pine logs to the sawmills on the West Branch Susquehanna River at Watsontown. The park's facilities were originally constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1933. The mill and dam are long since gone, but they are remembered along with Johnny McCall in the name of McCalls Dam State Park.
Nearby state parks
- Bald Eagle State Park (Centre County)
- Bucktail State Park Natural Area ( Cameron and Clinton Counties)
- Little Pine State Park (Lycoming County)
- Milton State Park (Northumberland County)
- Poe Paddy State Park (Centre County)
- Poe Valley State Park (Centre County)
- Ravensburg State Park (Clinton County)
- R. B. Winter State Park (Union County)
- Reeds Gap State Park (Mifflin County)
- Sand Bridge State Park (Union County)
- Shikellamy State Park (Northumberland and Union Counties)
- Susquehanna State Park (Lycoming County)
- Upper Pine Bottom State Park (Lycoming County)
- "McCalls Dam State Park".
- "McCalls Dam State Park".
- Michels, Chris (1997). "Latitude/Longitude Distance Calculation".
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, Bureau of Planning and Research, Geographic Information Division. "2007 General Highway Map Centre County Pennsylvania" (Map). 1:65,000. ftp://ftp.dot.state.pa.us/public/pdf/BPR_pdf_files/Maps/GHS/Roadnames/centre_GHSN.pdf. Retrieved 2007-07-27. Note: shows McCalls State Park
- "Find a Park by Region (interactive map)".
- PDF (123.6 KB)