New Castle Municipal Airport
|New Castle Municipal Airport|
|ICAO: KUCP – FAA LID: UCP|
|Owner||Lawrence County Airport Authority|
|Serves||New Castle, Pennsylvania|
|Elevation AMSL||1,070 ft / 326 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
New Castle Municipal Airport (ICAO: KUCP, FAA LID: UCP) is a small municipal airport located in Union Township, Lawrence County, Pennsylvania serving Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, part of the Pittsburgh metropolitan area. Union Township is an outskirt of New Castle, Pennsylvania hence the name. The airport is located four nautical miles (7 km) northwest of the central business district of New Castle. The airport is a public-owned airport and is controlled by the Lawrence County Airport Authority.
Facilities and aircraft
New Castle Municipal Airport covers an area of 320 acres (130 ha) at an elevation of 1,070 feet (326 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 5/23 is 3,995 by 75 feet (1,218 x 23 m) and 13/31 is 2,745 by 100 feet (837 x 30 m).
The airport's fixed base operator (FBO) is Haski Aviation.
For the 12-month period ending February 28, 2009, the airport had 35,357 aircraft operations, an average of 96 per day: 97% general aviation, 3% air taxi and <1% military. At that time there were 58 aircraft based at this airport: 96% single-engine, 2% multi-engine and 2% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for UCP (PDF), effective 2009-07-02.
- Great Circle Mapper: KUCP - New Castle Municipal Airport
- New Castle Municipal Airport (UCP) at PennDOT Bureau of Aviation
- FAA Terminal Procedures for UCP, effective February 5, 2015
Resources for this airport:
- FAA airport information for UCP
- AirNav airport information for KUCP
- FlightAware airport information and live flight tracker
- NOAA/NWS latest weather observations
- SkyVector aeronautical chart, Terminal Procedures