|Systematic (IUPAC) name|
|Mol. mass||334.414 g/mol|
PD-168,077 is a drug which acts as a dopamine agonist selective for the D4 subtype, which is used for researching the role of D4 receptors in the brain, particularly relating to learning and memory.
- Clifford JJ, Waddington JL (May 2000). "Topographically based search for an "Ethogram" among a series of novel D(4) dopamine receptor agonists and antagonists". Neuropsychopharmacology 22 (5): 538–44.
- Matulenko MA, Hakeem AA, Kolasa T, Nakane M, Terranova MA, Uchic ME, Miller LN, Chang R, Donnelly-Roberts DL, Namovic MT, Moreland RB, Brioni JD, Stewart AO (July 2004). "Synthesis and functional activity of (2-aryl-1-piperazinyl)-N-(3-methylphenyl)acetamides: selective dopamine D4 receptor agonists". Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry 12 (13): 3471–83.
- Wang X, Zhong P, Gu Z, Yan Z (October 2003). "Regulation of NMDA receptors by dopamine D4 signaling in prefrontal cortex". Journal of Neuroscience 23 (30): 9852–61.
- Melis MR, Succu S, Sanna F, Melis T, Mascia MS, Enguehard-Gueiffier C, Hubner H, Gmeiner P, Gueiffier A, Argiolas A (October 2006). "PIP3EA and PD-168077, two selective dopamine D4 receptor agonists, induce penile erection in male rats: site and mechanism of action in the brain". The European Journal of Neuroscience 24 (7): 2021–30.
- Succu S, Sanna F, Melis T, Boi A, Argiolas A, Melis MR (March 2007). "Stimulation of dopamine receptors in the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus of male rats induces penile erection and increases extra-cellular dopamine in the nucleus accumbens: Involvement of central oxytocin". Neuropharmacology 52 (3): 1034–43.
- Bernaerts P, Tirelli E (June 2003). "Facilitatory effect of the dopamine D4 receptor agonist PD168,077 on memory consolidation of an inhibitory avoidance learned response in C57BL/6J mice". Behavioural Brain Research 142 (1–2): 41–52.