|Systematic (IUPAC) name|
|Mol. mass||317.422 g/mol|
PRE-084 is a sigma receptor agonist, selective for the σ1 subtype. It has nootropic and antidepressant actions in animal studies, as well as antitussive and reinforcing effects. PRE-084 increases the expression of GDNF.
- Maurice T, Su TP, Parish DW, Nabeshima T, Privat A (December 1994). "PRE-084, a sigma selective PCP derivative, attenuates MK-801-induced impairment of learning in mice". Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 49 (4): 859–69.
- Maurice T (November 2001). "Beneficial effect of the sigma(1) receptor agonist PRE-084 against the spatial learning deficits in aged rats". European Journal of Pharmacology 431 (2): 223–7.
- Brown C, Fezoui M, Selig WM, Schwartz CE, Ellis JL (January 2004). "Antitussive activity of sigma-1 receptor agonists in the guinea-pig".
- Skuza G, Rogóz Z (2009). "Antidepressant-like effect of PRE-084, a selective sigma1 receptor agonist, in Albino Swiss and C57BL/6J mice". Pharmacological Reports : PR 61 (6): 1179–83.
- Hiranita T, Soto PL, Tanda G, Katz JL (February 2010). "Reinforcing effects of sigma-receptor agonists in rats trained to self-administer cocaine". The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 332 (2): 515–24.
- Penas C, Pascual-Font A, Mancuso R, Forés J, Casas C, Navarro X (May 2011). "Sigma receptor agonist 2-(4-morpholinethyl)1 phenylcyclohexanecarboxylate (Pre084) increases GDNF and BiP expression and promotes neuroprotection after root avulsion injury". J. Neurotrauma 28 (5): 831–40.