|Systematic (IUPAC) name|
|CAS Registry Number|
6-propyl- 6-nor- Lysergic acid diethylamide,
(6aR,9R)- N,N- diethyl- 7-propyl- 4,6,6a,7,8,9- hexahydroindolo- [4,3-fg] quinoline- 9- carboxamide
|Molecular mass||351.50 g/mol|
PRO-LAD is an analogue of LSD. It is described by Alexander Shulgin in the book TiHKAL. PRO-LAD is a psychedelic drug similar to LSD, and is around as potent as LSD itself with an active dose reported at between 100 and 200 micrograms.
- Legal Status 1
- Literature 2
- See also 3
- References 4
- External links 5
On June 10th 2014 the UK Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) recommended that PRO-LAD be specifically named in the UK Misuse of Drugs Act as a class A drug despite not identifying it as ever having been sold or any harm associated with its use. The UK Home office accepted this advice and announced a ban of the substance to be enacted on 6 January 2015 as part of The Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Amendment) (No. 2) Order 2014.
- Andrew J. Hoffman, David E. Nichols: Synthesis and LSD-like discriminative stimulus properties in a series of N(6)-alkyl norlysergic acid N,N-diethylamide derivatives. In: Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 28, 1985, p. 1252–1255, doi:10.1021/jm00147a022.
- T. Niwaguchi, Y. Nakahara, H. Ishii: Studies on lysergic acid diethylamide and related compounds. IV. Syntheses of various amide derivatives of norlysergic acid and related compounds. In: Yakugaku zasshi : Journal of the Pharmaceutical Society of Japan. Vol. 96, No. 5, May 1976, p. 673–678, PMID 987200.
- Robert C. Pfaff, Xuemei Huang, Danuta Marona-Lewicka, Robert Oberlender and David E. Nichols: Lysergamides Revisited. In: NIDA Research Monograph 146: Hallucinogens: An Update. p. 52, 1994, United States Department of Health and Human Services.
- Hoffman AJ, Nichols DE (September 1985). "Synthesis and LSD-like discriminative stimulus properties in a series of N(6)-alkyl norlysergic acid N,N-diethylamide derivatives". Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 28 (9): 1252–5.
- ACMD (10 June 2014). "Update of the Generic Definition for Tryptamines" (PDF). UK Home Office. p. 12. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- PRO-LAD entry in TIHKAL
- PRO-LAD entry in TiHKAL • info