Police of the Republic of Armenia
- Leadership 1
Central Body 2.1
- National Central Bureau 2.1.1
- Divisions 2.2
- Central Body 2.1
- Uniforms and equipment 3
- See also 4
- References 5
The activities of the Police are directed by the Chief of the Police, who is appointed by the President of Armenia at the nomination of the Prime Minister of Armenia. The Chief has one First Deputy and several Deputies, appointed by the President upon nomination by the Chief.
The Commander of the Police Troops is appointed by the President and serves as ex officio Deputy Chief of the Police. Each of the Deputy Chiefs is assigned a sphere of responsibility by the Chief of Police, who is also assisted by a group of Advisers.
The Police are organised into the Central Body, and 11 geographic divisions.
The Departments of the Central Body are: Headquarters, Combating Organized Crime Main Department, Criminal Investigations Main Department, Investigative Main Department, Public Order Department, Personnel Department, Information Centre, Public Relations and Press Department, Finances and Economic Affairs Department, Administration, Department of Road Inspection, Passports and Visas Department, State Protection Department, Criminal Forensics and Legal Affairs Department, as well as the National Central Bureau of Interpol.
National Central Bureau
The NCB is divided into three divisions:
- Division for international search and general crime - responsible for conducting criminal investigations of an operational nature, preparing international notice requests and sending them to the General Secretariat for publication, providing liaison and co-ordination activities, maintaining criminal records, implementing criminal investigations concerning the search for wanted persons. The division comprises 6 police officers including a head of division.
- Division for the analysis and processing of criminal intelligence - division deals with the following areas: legal matters, analysis and processing of criminal intelligence on drug trafficking, fraud, organized crime, terrorism, corruption, counterfeiting, crimes against human beings, international relations support, general reference sources, methodological data, etc. It comprises 6 police officers including a head of division.
- Division for telecommunications and technical support - division deals with matters relating to information technology systems, providing telecommunications services and technical support for the NCB. It consists of 7 police officers including a head of division.
Uniforms and equipment
Decrees passed in October 2002 and April 2003 set the rules for police officers' uniforms. Police personnel are armed primarily with Soviet-made firearms and ammunition, including Makarov PM and TT handguns, and AKS, AKM, and AK-74 automatic rifles.
- Interpol entry Retrieved 14 May 2007
- "Vladimir Gasparyan is Appointed as Chief of Police and Alik Sargsyan as Advisor". yerkirmedia. Retrieved 9 May 2012.