Prompton State Park
|Prompton State Park|
|Pennsylvania State Park|
|Natural Monument (IUCN III)|
|Named for: the nearby community of Prompton|
|- elevation||1,289 ft (393 m) |
|Area||2,000 acres (809 ha)|
|Managed by||Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources|
|Website : Prompton State Park|
Prompton State Park is a Salt Springs State Park in Susquehanna County is managed by The Friends of Salt Springs Park. Northeast Sports Ltd. of Honesdale sponsors several outdoor sports events that are held at the park. Prompton State Park is 4.2 miles (6.8 km) west of Honesdale on Pennsylvania Route 170.
Nearby state parks
- Archbald Pothole State Park (Lackawanna County)
- Gouldsboro State Park (Monroe and Wayne Counties)
- Lackawanna State Park (Lackawanna County)
- Promised Land State Park (Pike County)
- Tobyhanna State Park (Monroe and Wayne Counties)
- Varden Conservation Area (Wayne County)
- "Prompton State Park".
- "Friends of Prompton State Park". Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Dept. of Environmental Protection published July 13, 2002. Archived from the original on 2006-09-24. Retrieved 2006-11-24.
- "Honesdale Tourism Information". Honesdale.com. Retrieved 2006-11-24.
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, Bureau of Planning and Research, Geographic Information Division. 2007 General Highway Map Wayne County Pennsylvania (Map). 1:65,000. ftp://ftp.dot.state.pa.us/public/pdf/BPR_pdf_files/Maps/GHS/Roadnames/wayne_GHSN.pdf. Retrieved 2007-07-27. Note: park is just north of Prompton, but is not shown in this map since it is not developed
- "Find a Park by Region (interactive map)".
- Michels, Chris (1997). "Latitude/Longitude Distance Calculation".
- PDF (497.6 KB)