|Cookbook: Pumpkin bread|
Pumpkin bread is a type of moist quick bread made with pumpkin. The pumpkin can be cooked and softened before being used or simply baked with the bread (using canned pumpkin renders it a simpler dish to prepare). Additional ingredients include nuts (such as walnuts), and raisins.
Pumpkin bread is usually baked in a rectangular loaf pan, and is often cooked in late fall when fresh pumpkins are available. It can also be made from canned pumpkin, resulting in a stronger pumpkin taste. Some varieties use canned pumpkin.
- See also 1
- References 2
- Further reading 3
- External links 4
- "Bread Machines For Dummies". Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Crafternoon". p. 161. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "50 Decadent Bread And Bread Roll Recipes". Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Renewing America's Food Traditions". p. 195. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- How to Make Pumpkin Bread