Retinoic acid receptor beta
|Retinoic acid receptor, beta|
PDB rendering based on 1dsz.
|Symbols||; HAP; MCOPS12; NR1B2; RRB2|
|External IDs||IUPHAR: ChEMBL: GeneCards:|
|RNA expression pattern|
This gene encodes retinoic acid receptor beta, a member of the thyroid-steroid hormone receptor superfamily of nuclear transcriptional regulators. This receptor localizes to the cytoplasm and to subnuclear compartments. It binds retinoic acid, the biologically active form of vitamin A which mediates cellular signalling in embryonic morphogenesis, cell growth and differentiation. It is thought that this protein limits growth of many cell types by regulating gene expression. The gene was first identified in a hepatocellular carcinoma where it flanks a hepatitis B virus integration site. The gene expresses at least two transcript variants; one additional transcript has been described, but its full length nature has not been determined.
- "Entrez Gene: RARB retinoic acid receptor, beta".
- Mattei MG, de Thé H, Mattei JF, Marchio A, Tiollais P, Dejean A (October 1988). "Assignment of the human hap retinoic acid receptor RAR beta gene to the p24 band of chromosome 3". Hum. Genet. 80 (2): 189–90.
- Perlmann T, Jansson L (April 1995). "A novel pathway for vitamin A signaling mediated by RXR heterodimerization with NGFI-B and NURR1". Genes Dev. 9 (7): 769–82.
- Dejean A, de Thé H (1990). "Hepatitis B virus as an insertional mutagene in a human hepatocellular carcinoma". Mol. Biol. Med. 7 (3): 213–22.
- Sun SY (2004). "Retinoic acid receptor beta and colon cancer". Cancer Biol. Ther. 3 (1): 87–8.
- Saba N, Jain S, Khuri F (2004). "Chemoprevention in lung cancer". Current Problems in Cancer 28 (5): 287–306.
- Klein O, Grignon Y, Civit T et al. (2006). "[Methylation status of RARbeta gene promoter in low and high grade cerebral glioma. Comparison with normal tissue. Immuno-histochemical study of nuclear RARbeta expression in low and high grade cerebral glioma cells. Comparison with normal cells. 48 tumors]". Neuro-Chirurgie 51 (3–4 Pt 1): 147–54.
- Katahira M, Knegtel RM, Boelens R et al. (1992). "Homo- and heteronuclear NMR studies of the human retinoic acid receptor beta DNA-binding domain: sequential assignments and identification of secondary structure elements". Biochemistry 31 (28): 6474–80.
- Berrodin TJ, Marks MS, Ozato K et al. (1992). "Heterodimerization among thyroid hormone receptor, retinoic acid receptor, retinoid X receptor, chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter transcription factor, and an endogenous liver protein". Mol. Endocrinol. 6 (9): 1468–78.
- van der Leede BJ, Folkers GE, Kruyt FA, van der Saag PT (1992). "Genomic organization of the human retinoic acid receptor beta 2". Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 188 (2): 695–702.
- Prentice A, Matthews CJ, Thomas EJ, Redfern CP (1992). "The expression of retinoic acid receptors in cultured human endometrial stromal cells and effects of retinoic acid". Hum. Reprod. 7 (5): 692–700.
- Shen S, Kruyt FA, den Hertog J et al. (1992). "Mouse and human retinoic acid receptor beta 2 promoters: sequence comparison and localization of retinoic acid responsiveness". DNA Seq. 2 (2): 111–9.
- de Thé H, Vivanco-Ruiz MM, Tiollais P et al. (1990). "Identification of a retinoic acid responsive element in the retinoic acid receptor beta gene". Nature 343 (6254): 177–80.
- Hoffmann B, Lehmann JM, Zhang XK et al. (1991). "A retinoic acid receptor-specific element controls the retinoic acid receptor-beta promoter". Mol. Endocrinol. 4 (11): 1727–36.
- de Thé H, Marchio A, Tiollais P, Dejean A (1988). "A novel steroid thyroid hormone receptor-related gene inappropriately expressed in human hepatocellular carcinoma". Nature 330 (6149): 667–70.
- Brand N, Petkovich M, Krust A et al. (1988). "Identification of a second human retinoic acid receptor". Nature 332 (6167): 850–3.
- Benbrook D, Lernhardt E, Pfahl M (1988). "A new retinoic acid receptor identified from a hepatocellular carcinoma". Nature 333 (6174): 669–72.
- Dejean A, Bougueleret L, Grzeschik KH, Tiollais P (1986). "Hepatitis B virus DNA integration in a sequence homologous to v-erb-A and steroid receptor genes in a hepatocellular carcinoma". Nature 322 (6074): 70–2.
- Si SP, Tsou HC, Lee X, Peacocke M (1995). "Effect of cellular senescence and retinoic acid on the expression of cellular retinoic acid binding proteins in skin fibroblasts". Exp. Cell Res. 219 (1): 243–8.
- Houle B, Pelletier M, Wu J et al. (1994). "Fetal isoform of human retinoic acid receptor beta expressed in small cell lung cancer lines". Cancer Res. 54 (2): 365–9.
- Knegtel RM, Katahira M, Schilthuis JG et al. (1993). "The solution structure of the human retinoic acid receptor-beta DNA-binding domain". J. Biomol. NMR 3 (1): 1–17.