San Giovannino dei Cavalieri
Church of Saint John the Baptist of the Knights
(Chiesa di San Giovannino dei Cavalieri)
Façade of the church.
San Giovannino dei Cavalieri (Young St. John the Baptist of the Knights) previously named Church of San Giovanni Decollato (Decapitated St. John), is a parish church situated in Via San Gallo in central Florence, Italy.
Initially the site held a 14th-century home for women of "easy virtue" and dedicated to St. Mary Magdalen, it was renamed after the patron saint of the Cavalieri or Knights of Malta. Rebuilt from 1553-1784, with facade added in 1699. Presently it contains a Coronation of the Virgin by Neri di Bicci, a Nativity by Bicci di Lorenzo, an Annunciation by the Master of Stratonice, a Decapitation of St. John the Baptist by Pietro Dandini, vault frescoes by Alessandro Gherardini, a painted cross in the apse by Lorenzo Monaco, and a Last Supper by Palma il Giovane.