Greater splanchnic nerve, seen in thoracic cavity seen from left side.
Lower half of right sympathetic cord.
More specifically, it can also refer to:
- Splanchnic tissue
- An adjective describing visceral organs including the intestines.
- Splanchnic nerves
- Splanchnic mesoderm
- Splanchnic circulation - The circulation of the gastrointestinal tract originating at the celiac trunk, the inferior mesenteric artery and the superior mesenteric artery.
- Autonomics of the Head and Neck - Page 4 of 14 anatomy module at med.umich.edu
- "splanchnic - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary". Retrieved 2009-11-26.
- Rosse C, Mejino JL, Modayur BR, Jakobovits R, Hinshaw KP, Brinkley JF (1998). "Motivation and organizational principles for anatomical knowledge representation: the digital anatomist symbolic knowledge base". J Am Med Inform Assoc 5 (1): 17–40.
- Parks, DA; Jacobson, ED (July 1985). "Physiology of the splanchnic circulation.". Archives of internal medicine 145 (7): 1278–81.
- Takala, J (July 1996). "Determinants of splanchnic blood flow.". British journal of anaesthesia 77 (1): 50–8.