|Single by Joss Stone|
|from the album Mind Body & Soul|
14 March 2005
(see release history)
|Format||CD single, DVD single, digital download|
Chung King Studios, Mojo Studios, Right Track Recording
(New York City, New York)
4:03 (Album Version)
3:33 (Radio Edit)
|Writer(s)||Joss Stone, Lamont Dozier, Beau Dozier|
|Producer(s)||Mike Mangini, Steve Greenberg, Betty Wright|
|Joss Stone singles chronology|
"Spoiled" is a song by English soul singer-songwriter Joss Stone from her second studio album, Mind Body & Soul (2004). Written by Stone, Lamont Dozier and Beau Dozier, and released in March 2005 as the album's third single, the ballad peaked at number thirty-two on the UK Singles Chart—where it remained for two weeks only—, becoming the album's lowest-charting single in the UK. It appears on the UK version of Now That's What I Call Music! 60. It was later included on the 2011 compilation album The Best of Joss Stone 2003-2009.
- Music video 1
- Track listings 2
- Musicians 3.1
- Production 3.2
- Charts 4
- Release history 5
- References 6
The music video for "Spoiled", directed by Joseph Kahn, was filmed on location at the West Taghkanic Diner, a roadside diner located at the junctions of the Taconic Parkway and Route 82 in West Taghkanic, New York, in February 2005. It opens with Stone and her boyfriend (played by model James Guardino) arriving at the diner at night in different cars. After getting out of their cars, the couple starts to have an argument. After a while, they go inside the diner and sit at a table. In an attempt to cheer Stone up, the boyfriend shows her a teddy bear. Stone tries to take it from his hand and he pulls it back, but eventually gives it back to her. Stone takes the teddy bear, leaves the diner and gets in her car. The boyfriend runs after her attempting to stop her, but as it was hopeless, he gets in his car and follows her on the road. After a few seconds driving, they see a light coming towards their direction, and the two subsequently crash into each other's car. Following the crash, Stone and her boyfriend are thrown from their respective cars in slow motion as they float in the air with tiny pieces of glass around them. The scene then goes backwards as if the accident had not happened, and they head for the diner in their cars, exactly like the video's beginning.
- UK CD single
- European CD single
- "Spoiled" – 4:03
- "Don't Know How" (On Stage at Irving Plaza) – 5:15
- "Less Is More" (On Stage at Irving Plaza) – 5:03
- UK DVD single
- "Spoiled" (Video) – 4:03
- "The Chokin' Kind" (Live in New York City) (Video) – 4:45
- "Fell in Love with a Boy" (Live in New York City) – 4:14
- UK promo single
- "Spoiled" (Radio Edit) – 3:33
- U.S. promo single
- "Spoiled" – 4:03
- "Security" Excerpt – 1:30
- "Jet Lag" Excerpt – 1:30
- "You Had Me" Excerpt – 1:30
- "Snakes and Ladders" Excerpt – 1:30
|Belgian Tip Chart (Flanders)||6|
|Belgian Tip Chart (Wallonia)||17|
|Dutch Top 40||24|
|European Hot 100 Singles||100|
|UK Singles Chart||32|
|U.S. Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs||54|
|United Kingdom||14 March 2005||CD single||Relentless|
|Germany||21 March 2005||CD single||EMI|
- "Diner stars in video". Roadside Online. 25 May 2005. Archived from the original on 13 October 2007. Retrieved 7 March 2008.
- "Joss Stone – Spoiled – swisscharts.com". swisscharts.com. Retrieved 16 March 2009.
- "Joss Stone – Spoiled – Music Charts". αCharts.us. Retrieved 19 January 2008.
- "Joss Stone Album & Song Chart History – European Hot 100".
- "Mind, Body & Soul > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles".
- "Spoiled: Joss Stone: Amazon.co.uk: Music".
- "Spoiled (DVD): Joss Stone: Amazon.co.uk: Music".
- "Spoiled: Joss Stone: Amazon.de: Musik" (in German).