|Stable release||4.2.7 / 27 February 2014|
|Written in||ANSI C|
|Type||distributed resource manager|
|License||OpenPBS version 2.3 (non-free in DFSG), or TORQUE v2.5+ Software License v1.1|
The Terascale Open-source Resource and QUEue Manager (TORQUE) is a distributed resource manager providing control over batch jobs and distributed compute nodes. TORQUE can integrate with the non-commercial Maui Cluster Scheduler or the commercial Moab Workload Manager to improve overall utilization, scheduling and administration on a cluster.
The TORQUE community has extended the original open-source software, using the OpenPBS version 2.3 license and as non-free software by the Debian Free Software Guidelines due to license issues.
- Feature Set 1
- See also 2
- References 3
- External links 4
TORQUE provides enhancements over standard OpenPBS in the following areas:
- Additional failure conditions checked/handled
- Node health check script support
- Extended query interface providing the scheduler with additional and more accurate information
- Extended control interface allowing the scheduler increased control over job behavior and attributes
- Allows the collection of statistics for completed jobs
- Significantly improved server to MOM communication model
- Ability to handle larger clusters (over 15 TF/2,500 processors)
- Ability to handle larger jobs (over 2000 processors)
- Ability to support larger server messages
- Extensive logging additions
- More human readable logging (i.e. no more 'error 15038 on command 42')
- Job Scheduler and Batch Queuing for Clusters
- Open Source Cluster Application Resources (OSCAR)
- Maui Cluster Scheduler
- Beowulf cluster
- Veridian Information Solutions, Inc. (2000). "OpenPBS (Portable Batch System) v2.3 Software License". Cluster Resources, Inc. Archived from the original on 2011-07-31. Retrieved 2011-07-31.
- "Torque resource manager". Cluster Resources, Inc. 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-07-31. Retrieved 2011-07-31.
- "The DFSG and Software Licenses - Licenses that are DFSG-incompatible".
- TORQUE resource manager, Garrick Staples, SC '06: Proceedings of the 2006 ACM/IEEE conference on Supercomputing, ISBN 0-7695-2700-0
- TORQUE home page
- OpenPBS home page