|UFC 68: The Uprising|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||March 3, 2007|
|Attendance||19,049 (17,358 paid)|
|Total purse||$697,000 (disclosed)|
UFC 68 was the first UFC event held in the state of Ohio, and coincided with the 2007 Arnold Sports Festival. The sold-out event produced the highest verifiable live attendance to date for a mixed martial arts event in North America with 19,079 spectators. At the time it was the largest attendance for a MMA event in the United States.
In the main event, UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia was set to defend his title against Randy Couture, who was coming out of a 12-month retirement. Couture, a former UFC Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight Champion, hadn't fought as a heavyweight since UFC 39 in 2002.
- For the Heavyweight Championship.
- Excessive damage to MacDonald's right eye prompted his corner to signal for the end of the bout.
- Fight of the Night: Jason Lambert vs. Renato Sobral
- Knockout of the Night: Jason Lambert
- Submission of the Night: Martin Kampmann
- "Official UFC 68 Salaries ...". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2007-03-09.
- Stupp, Dann (2007-10-30). "UFC Officials Rebut Randy Couture’s Pay Claims". MMAJunkie.com. Retrieved 2007-10-30.
- Trembow, Ivan (2007-06-08). "K-1 DYNAMITE ATTENDANCE BREAKDOWN". MMAWeekly.com. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-06-08.
- "UFC Coming to Ohio with a Vengeance". UFC.com. Retrieved 2007-03-04.
- Official UFC website
- UFC 68 Results on Sherdog.com
- Official UFC 68 website
- Official UFC 68 Fight Card