William Palmer Residence
|Location||Ann Arbor, Michigan|
|Architect||Frank Lloyd Wright|
|NRHP Reference #||99000340|
|Added to NRHP||March 29, 1999|
The William and Mary Palmer House is a house in Ann Arbor, Michigan, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1952. The home was designed for William Palmer, an economics professor at the University of Michigan, and his wife Mary. It sits on three lots at the end of a quiet, dirt road cul-de-sac. The location is near the Nichols Arboretum, and less than mile (1.2 km) from the university.
The house was continuously owned by the Palmer family from 1951 to 2009. It was placed on the market in early August 2008, with restrictions in place. Jeffrey and Kathryn Schox purchased the house in March 2009. Jeffrey Schox, who is a San Francisco patent attorney, spends several weeks a year in Ann Arbor. When he is not in Ann Arbor, the Palmer House will be available for rent as a guest house and as a meeting location.
- "National Register of Historical Places - MICHIGAN - Washtenaw County". National Park Service.
- Grace Shackman (2002). Ann Arbor in the 20th Century (Images of America: Michigan) (Images of America (Arcadia Publishing)). Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing. pp. p106.
- Tina Reed (2008-08-04). "Ann Arbor's only Frank Lloyd Wright house goes on the market for $1.5 million - Latest from the Ann Arbor News - MLive.com". Archived from the original on 2008-08-05. Retrieved 2008-08-05.
- "Buyer for Ann Arbor's Wright home will allow visiting dignitaries to rent the house". Retrieved 2009-04-27.
- Palmer House on peterbeers.net
- Palmer House on waymarking.com
- Photos on Arcaid
- Storrer, William Allin. The Frank Lloyd Wright Companion. University Of Chicago Press, 2006, ISBN 0-226-77621-2 (S.332)