Wings Over the World
|Wings over the World|
|Production company||MPL Communications|
|Original channel||BBC (UK), CBS (US)|
|Running time||75 minutes|
Wings Over the World is a 1979 television documentary film featuring the rock band Wings. It consists of concert performances from their acclaimed 1975–76 world tour, together with behind-the-scenes footage. Also included is a short excerpt of Wings rehearsing at London's Institute of Contemporary Arts before their 1972 UK university tour. Problems with the audio from the 1976 live performances delayed the film's release until March 1979, by which time, band members Jimmy McCulloch and Joe English had left the group and been replaced.
In 2013, the film was released on DVD as part of the deluxe edition of the Wings over America live album.
- McGee, p. 107.
- Rodriguez, p. 336.
- Madinger & Easter, p. 227.
- Badman, p. 64.
- McGee, p. 122.
- Sounes, p. 344.
- Wings over America' to be reissued In May"'". paulmccartney.com. 9 April 2013. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- Badman, Keith (2001). The Beatles Diary Volume 2: After the Break-Up 1970–2001. London: Omnibus Press.
- Clayson, Alan (2003). Paul McCartney. London: Sanctuary.
- McGee, Garry (2003). Band on the Run: A History of Paul McCartney and Wings. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Madinger, Chip; Easter, Mark (2000). Eight Arms to Hold You: The Solo Beatles Compendium. Chesterfield, MO: 44.1 Productions.
- Rodriguez, Robert (2010). Fab Four FAQ 2.0: The Beatles' Solo Years, 1970–1980. Milwauke, WI: Backbeat Books.
- Sounes, Howard (2010). Fab: An Intimate Life of Paul McCartney. London: HarperCollins.
- Woffinden, Bob (1981). The Beatles Apart. London: Proteus.
- Wings Over the World at the Internet Movie Database